Bridgewood tablesaw, info?
I just picked up an old Bridgewood cabinet saw and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a manual or any info. Google searching doesn't bring up that much and there's basically no pictures. This one has a 3HP 220v motor and I believe it is right tilt. It also has a vega fence. So far, with a very quick inspection, the motor moves about 1/4"" on a large shaft, in the direction of loosening or tightening the belts. There are two allen head hex screws that look like they might secure it better but I don't want to mess with anything yet.
Any info is appreciated.
Not sure where to direct you. Bridgewood shut down a number of years ago. Woodworkers Supply of New Mexico sold that brand name, and they also shut down.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes,,that's what I keep finding. Everything related to that name is out of business. I was hoping they sold enough pieces that more info would be out there or people who owned them would be able to give their reviews. Oh well.
See if the manual is on OWWM.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
They only deal with tools made in the usa
I had that saw, sold it many years ago.  They are just the average Taiwan import from the era, probably made by Gee-Tech.  I would look at Jet or Grizzly from that era and see how they match up.  Probably check General International as well, think they publish all manuals on their website.
(03-28-2024, 01:54 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I had that saw, sold it many years ago.  They are just the average Taiwan import from the era, probably made by Gee-Tech.  I would look at Jet or Grizzly from that era and see how they match up.  Probably check General International as well, think they publish all manuals on their website.

+1

Dollars to doughnuts there's an old Grizzly clone and Grizzly would have the manual online.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Bridgewood was located in York, PA. Their lower end machines were run of the mill Pacific Rim imports. Their higher priced machines had "tweaking refinements' done in York. I had a small shaper made by them, worked well until I graduated to my 3hp Delta. I would bet a Grizzly manual coild get you pointed in the right direction.

I visited Bridgewood, and it was a small operation, handful of knowledgeable people. Too bad they folded up.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Thanks guys. I'll look at the insides and compare to other machines manuals. In searching, someone mentioned general or powermatic. Grizzly is easier to look up.