A case to store a few chisels in?
Case needs feet to sit on, so...rip a 1 x 1 into 4 pieces..

Was trying to use this..

But..it had a flaw when cutting narrow strips...

As right back at the fence...

There is a round-over to allow the mitrebox to be folded up, and put away...it allowed the 1/4" x 1/4" sticks to rotate just enough to make the miter a compound miter...decided to just use the bandsaw, for now...

Figure I can mix and match to find enough good parts...for 4 feet?  

Glue and nails..

Even that cross peen was hitting fingers, so..

We have ways...then adapt a nail set to "set" the nails down a bit...as they will be in the way, once I go to level them up..

Let these sit a day...then sand them smooth and level, so that when I sit the case down on a sheet of plywood, the case does not rock....

Left them both on the bench..more to protect the bench top..

while the darkened Witch's Brew got brushed on....

So, this morning, the first coat of Amber Shellac was brushed on...will rub that out tomorrow, and try a second coat....

Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bandit, you are just about "the only show in town".  Thank you for taking us along.  I look forward to every project you share.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Ditto what Bill said!

Thanks Bandit!!!!
Yup...............
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Ok...Project is done...time to post how it came out..after the Amber Shellac was rubbed down..

A view of the front...space under the case is from..

These fancy feet...a view of the back of the case..

And an end view...

Open up the lid..

All six of them Harbor Freight chisels...then open the drawer..

And another 6 chisels...had to find ones that fit into the drawer...not as much room as the top compartment has..

Question now remains...where to place the Brand?

On top of the lid, or..on the underside of the lid?
Looking good. I was wondering what you had planned for the drawer.  In one of the earlier pics, it looked like there was a divider in it.
The "divider" is more of a blade rest, so the handles will sit lower than the blades do...
Makes sense. I can't make it out in the final pics.  Probably just buried under all of the chisels.
Brand on top..............
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Burnt fingers aside...and the branding head was too loose...

That made things hard to touch up a first attempt that was too light...

Had to go and buy a couple Black Sharpies, as the shop was out of WORKING Sharpies...will try later to go over the branding and get it looking better...right now?  Issues with the lower right leg, is keeping me from walking too much..

Will post later when I get it done..

This is the sign for the shop..

And what the Branding Iron is supposed to say..
Stay tuned..