Greenlee slick handle length?
I had this 3" slick sitting in a bucket of rusty tools and decided that I wanted to restore it. I soaked it in Evaporust overnight and then wire wheel brushed it off. I was pleasantly surprised that it had a maker's mark that read "Greenlee". that I need to make a new handle for. I have an idea for the pattern, but I need to know how long to make the handle.

Any help here?

Attached Files Image(s)

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
(04-26-2024, 08:42 PM)Blacky's Boy Wrote: ... I need to know how long to make the handle.

Any help here?
From a 1941 Greenlee catalog:

https://i.imgur.com/GT31odf.jpg
Thank you! That's perfect.
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
(04-26-2024, 11:49 PM)Joe Bailey Wrote: From a 1941 Greenlee catalog:

https://i.imgur.com/GT31odf.jpg

"Standard package, 1/6 dozen in a box."
Would that be 2? Typesetter paid per letter?
Make your wood sing!
I imported the handle image into AutoCad and then traced the pattern. Using some measurements I got off of the Slick I have I was able to scale it and it came out pretty darn close to 14". So I'm going to call this good.

I also went into the shop and found a nice piece of cherry that I can use for the handle. With this drawing I can probably knock one out in about an hour.

Attached Files
.pdf   Greenlee slick profile.pdf (Size: 180 KB / Downloads: 23)
See ya around,
Dominic
You going to build ArcII with that big ol slick?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020