Loc: Heart of Dixie
Re: Cotton Row * a pulling boat
04/28/12 07:28 PM
SIMPLE FIX FOR A BIG PROBLEM
As the title implies the fix was simple. Finding it. not so much.
If you look at the end of the keel stringer (boat is upside down in the photo) you will see I added a small block of plywood to the frame. Believe it or not, that made the boat assume a proper shape. Not exactly as I had designed it but it has some rocker in it now. I did find something else that was working against me, but it wasn’t worth the effort it would take to fix it. Bottom line is I know what I did wrong and how to fix it.
So the frame is done as far as I can tell. It’s stiffer and while not exactly the way I designed it. I am happy with it. Now it’s time to finish the outriggers for the sliding seat.
-------------------- I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.