Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,407
» Latest member: RVP1875
» Forum threads: 64,966
» Forum posts: 1,005,902

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 343 online users.
» 17 Member(s) | 323 Guest(s)
Facebook, Google, Bing, Z28Doug, fivestring©™±, fredhargis, Kizar_Sozay, Rod Torgeson, tablesawtom, Sean®, MudDuck, AnHonestOpinion, Lupo

Latest Threads
Hinge Question
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Ridgeway
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
Presenting: The RAS Mite...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: fredhargis
3 hours ago
» Replies: 29
» Views: 750
Workbench
Last Post: titanxt
5 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 304
Retractable Electrical Ho...
Last Post: JDuke
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 131
Segmented "racer Bowl"
Forum: Woodturning
Last Post: mtrainer90
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Finishing Walnut
Forum: Finishing
Last Post: crokett™
7 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 190
Hollow Form
Forum: Woodturning
Last Post: hairy
8 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 315
DeWalt Tool belt clips
Last Post: MarkSingleton
Yesterday, 11:28 PM
» Views: 269
Ortho Weed Clear
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: lincmercguy
Yesterday, 09:57 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 184
uses browsing
Last Post: Stwood_
Yesterday, 08:16 PM
» Views: 318

Vesper Tools Australia Sliding Bevel New In Box SOLD
Posted by: Philip1231 - 02-04-2017, 02:58 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (3)

I have a NEW IN BOX Vesper Tools Australia sliding bevel. This is the 10" model made of aircraft aluminum
and stainless steel. SOLD.

First picture  from the Vesper website.
Its the large one to the left in this picture.

Popular Woodworking Review of Chris Vesper Sliding Bevels

[Image: aly-sliding-bevels-800x494.jpg]

New Pics of actual sliding bevel.

[Image: IMG_1864_zpscx9fsyr8.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1865_zpsxxngqpvm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1866_zpsusmwq9mf.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1867_zpspsoeddw3.jpg]

Print this item

Shooting board question
Posted by: atgcpaul - 02-04-2017, 02:54 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (5)

I want to make a shooting board. Should the rabbet that the plane rides on only be as shallow as necessary? I was thinking if it was too low, the blade would be planing away the platform on which the board you're trimming rests on or maybe it's supposed to.

Print this item

My "new" $40 infill
Posted by: Adnick - 02-04-2017, 10:51 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (7)

Don't have pictures of it rusty and missing a hunk of wood in the back, was too anxious to see if it still worked....

However here are a couple of shots that show the initial clean up and wood plug:

Then the after shots, did not want to weld, afraid of warping, so used my files and came up with an acceptable fix....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Indigo Black ink source
Posted by: Blackberry - 02-04-2017, 10:49 AM - Forum: Finishing - Replies (4)

Looking to stain hardwood black using Indigo Black Ink and need a source?

Print this item

Scraper Stock
Posted by: Daikusan - 02-04-2017, 08:21 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (4)

A friend on another forum directed me here.  Im looking for a member who supples card stock.  Here is the quote, 

"There is a guy over in Woodnet that every now and then offers up some precut card stock. Various sizes/various thicknesses. Small and flexible to large rigid stock. His prices are very fair and the materials he offers up are excellent."

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks
Steve

Print this item

Have you "paid" for your tools?
Posted by: Randy C - 02-03-2017, 08:29 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (53)

Like most of you, I didn't get into woodworking to make/save money. I do it because I enjoy it.

But, the other day the thought occurred to me that I have more than paid for my tools with projects that I have done around the house. For example, I put in a pantry for my wife that saved us $3000.

I don't have a lot of tools compared with a lot of the people on this forum, but it does make me feel good that my hobby pays for itself. I can't think of many hobbies that have the potential for paying for themselves.

Anybody else feel this way?

Print this item

My new dowel machine
Posted by: Adnick - 02-03-2017, 07:28 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (14)

Here's my new dowel machine, had to sell a few excess tools, but sure is worth it, now I can make does out of any wood....

This is a near perfect machine from one of our own JimReed@Tallahassee

Thanks much Jim, have already made, maple, walnut, cherry, red oak and spanish cedar....

Andy
-- mos maiorum

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Track lighting on a drop ceiling
Posted by: paarker - 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (4)

I am considering added on 2 sections of track lighting to our living room. We currently have a drop ceiling and was wondering how I would install it. I was thinking about this https://www.lowes.com/pd/allen-roth-6-Li...nversation unit, but I am unsure about attaching the little legs. My initial thought is to just build down a leg like I would for the electrical box. Would this idea work or am I missing something. 

Thanks for any help you can give.
Don

Print this item

veneering solid to plwood
Posted by: tablesawtom - 02-03-2017, 05:34 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (4)

I am considering veneering some Hickory to some plywood. There will be 3 or 4  strips and they will be 3/4 " wide. How thick can the strips be without having to worry about wood movement in relationship to humidity?

Tom

Print this item

Oscillating multi tool quick change?
Posted by: JDuke - 02-03-2017, 05:28 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (7)

I have a dremel oscillating tool with the Allen screw blade change.

I'd like to upgrade to the quick change but don't want to spend $80-$120 to get a new one, is there a decent adapter for tool free blade changes on the older oscillating tools?

Thanks
Duke

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.