Woodnet Forums
Restoring an Old Drill Press - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Restoring an Old Drill Press (/showthread.php?tid=4978276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - skizzo - 07-20-2016

Bump to find this in the Power Tools Index.

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - daddo - 07-20-2016

Not as challenging, this rusted out old 1954 drill press was going into the trash if it wasn't sold, I hate to see old machines die, so I restored it. I did have to turn new bushings for it.

[Image: darra%20press%20final%20003_zpsi2moe9zb.jpg]

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - LukeR - 12-14-2016

Where did all of the pictures go? I was about to tear down my old drill press this winter and use your thread as my guide!

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - skizzo - 12-14-2016

Ack!  My webhost did a big server migration this fall, and I was directed to reset my DNS afterwards.  I thought it was working, but apparently not.  I'll look at it again and try to get it back up.  Sorry.

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - EvilTwin - 12-15-2016

It sucks when all your photos disappear and all you will get out of the ISP is Oops...

I looked way up in the thread and stuff I had in Picasa is still there, but now there is no convenient way of creating new links or hosting new photos to share on the web.   I'm probably like a bunch of folks that would like to find some easy way of sharing all those shots without trying to either migrate somewhere else.   Oh well.  Still a good thread.

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - LukeR - 12-15-2016

What a bummer! Not trying to make extra work for you. This was just by far the most thorough write up that I have seen on a drill press restoration

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - Lynden - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 10:42 AM)LukeR Wrote: What a bummer! Not trying to make extra work for you. This was just by far the most thorough write up that I have seen on a drill press restoration

This thread has a lot of useful information.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248985

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - skizzo - 12-15-2016

Thanks, no worries.  I'll get it resolved, just may take a few days.  We thought we had it last night, but apparently not yet.

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - Mike_O - 12-18-2016

(12-15-2016, 11:17 AM)Lynden Wrote: This thread has a lot of useful information.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248985

Thanks Lynden, that was a great thread; I had never been on that site before.  I've read a lot of information on DP220 restorations, but I had never seen the homemade tool used in that thread to remove the nameplate drive screws from a blind spot such as the head casting, (part #DP220).  Thanks.

- mike

RE: Restoring an Old Drill Press - skizzo - 01-31-2017

Bump.  I think I may have finally sorted out the server issues for my photo hosting.  I can at least see most of the photos in this thread again.  If others can confirm availability or still having problems, please let me know.  Thanks.