Woodnet Forums
Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts (/showthread.php?tid=6898666)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - cwarner - 12-20-2014

I guess Im next. No notations about waiting til the 25th and my curiosity about the heft of this box got the best of me.

" />

Inside I found:

A copy of my SS favorite old woodworking text book, a couple large pieces of 8/4 Padauk, a few large pieces of leather and the smallest but my favorite part, an awl with applewood handle turned from my SS own yard!

Great gifts and a big thank you to my SS who chose to remain anonymous. These will all be useful in the shop. Now to make up a holder and get the awl in the tool chest with the resr of my marking tools!

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Bibliophile 13 - 12-20-2014

Skip J. said:

When I saw that pecan.... I immediately thought it was gonna be Steve... excellent craftsmanship!

Yeah, I figured there was no point in trying to conceal my identity on that one.

Dave, I'm glad you like them!

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Big Dave - 12-20-2014

Bibliophile 13 said:

Dave, I'm glad you like them!

Oh yeah!

Thanks again, Steve!!

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Boatman53 - 12-23-2014

Here is my secret Santa gift for this year. I opened it way early, 'cause I thought I was buying it for myself. My secret Santa contacted the seller on S&S after I said I would buy it. So he got me just what I wanted and pleasantly surprised me at the same time. So thank you Secret Santa.

Jim

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Big Dave - 12-23-2014

Some of these WN guys are kinda sneaky...

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Bibliophile 13 - 12-23-2014

Secret Santa Stalking for the Win!

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Boatman53 - 12-23-2014

In a good way! Merry Christmas every one.
Jim

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - RocketRod - 12-24-2014

Posted my SS pics in the arrival thread -- was completely taken by surprise.

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - enjuneer - 12-24-2014

Well, I made it to Christmas Eve morning, but could not wait any longer. Momma said I could open one gift (to get me out of her hair, I think), so I grabbed the one from Lee Valley. Look what was in it!

Everything I need to get started on sharpening the big pile of saws that stare at me every time I walk into the shop:

Thanks Santa! It is just what I wished for!

Re: Please post pics of Secret Santa gifts - Tom Wiarda - 12-24-2014

My heavy package arrived from Texas with a nice note from Santa. Inside was a 3-volume boxed set from Taunton Press - The Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking. The three hardcover books are Joinery, Shaping Wood and Furniture & Cabinet Construction. Lots of good reading. Thanks to my Secret Santa. Merry Christmas Everyone Tom Wiarda