Woodnet Forums
Shop space in Burlington NC - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Shop space in Burlington NC (/showthread.php?tid=7269750)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Peter Tremblay - 04-21-2016

AHill said:

Peter,

The University has a Theater Design & Production major. I'm certain they have a wood shop, as that major does a lot of set construction. Perhaps a bit of negotiating would allow you access to their shop facilities.

Great idea, thank you.

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Steve N - 04-21-2016

Peter Tremblay said:

Teaching wasn't a great fit. :bigger:

I've got crazy ideas like discipline, strict deadlines, and consequences.

Padre you are sounding a lot like some Nuns who I had through elementary school. Did you rap knuckles with a ruler?

No not at all.

That's long gone

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Curlycherry - 04-21-2016

Peter Tremblay said:

[blockquote]Fred Kingston said:

Doesn't the university have a shop for their own needs and/or teaching purposes? Maybe a local high school shop???

I know that they have a carpentry shop but that looks like it is part of the physical plant.

It is certainly something that I'm going to check out but I don't think they'll allow me a space being brand new... maybe after some time and getting to know the staff.

It will be something that I'm going to look into.

[/blockquote]

Can't you threaten them that you are on a first name basis with someone that can smite them pretty easily?

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Steve N - 04-21-2016

They were some sadistic old bitties with a mean streak. Would make mob hitmen look like pansies. These were a few of the nicer ones.

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Birdseye Bill - 04-21-2016

Congratulations on your new call. I'm sure you will be able to find a solution for shop space. Some good possibilities have already been mentioned.

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Admiral - 04-21-2016

Peter, when you get there check out the Triad Woodworkers Assn in Greensboro, not far away, you might find out more about available shop space. Link:

http://triadwoodworkers.webs.com/

Thanks,

Will do

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - joemac - 04-21-2016

You are a half hour from Roy Underhills shop. Maybe you can teach there on weekends??

Re: Shop space in Burlington NC - Estrogen Hostage - 04-21-2016

Box truck?