Woodnet Forums
What do yall think about that Rip-it? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: What do yall think about that Rip-it? (/showthread.php?tid=7373644)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - lift mechanic - 08-16-2023

I installed a digital read out o my fence several years ago. After using it I would not go back to a tape measure or mounter scale.

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - meackerman - 08-16-2023

If I was going to spend a bunch of money on a new table saw fence, I'd give the new Harvey fence a good look.

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - barryvabeach - 08-16-2023

(08-16-2023, 11:44 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: I installed a digital read out o my fence several years ago. After using it I would not go back to a tape measure or mounter scale.

I just bought a Wixey and it arrived today.  I am thinking of making a complete switch and going to metric at the same time.  Easier math

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - JDuke - 08-17-2023

For the digital readout, how do you deal with taking the fence off the saw?

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - lift mechanic - 08-17-2023

Not sure about the Wixey, but the one I have the fence is just lifts straight up and off. The read out stays on the slide and below the cast iron top. 2 pins locate the fence to the read out.

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - JDuke - 08-17-2023

Lift mechanic

What brand is yours?

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - lift mechanic - 08-17-2023

My digital read out is a SHAN BC50 Digital Scale. It fits my 50" Biesemeyer fence. I have had it on my Unisaw for about 12 years. The one I had on my planer stopped working so I replaced it with a Wixey, but it is not removable. I tried to do a search for the Shan, no luck.

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - barryvabeach - 08-17-2023

JDuke,  lifting the fence off the saw was pretty important to me, that is why I went with Wixey, looked easier than the igag.  On the wixey,  the readout slides on the rail, and a magnet holds it to the fence. Just push the readout away and lift the fence, the readout does not need to be reset .

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - JDuke - 08-18-2023

Thanks, I’ll look at the wixey

RE: What do yall think about that Rip-it? - JohnnyEgo - 08-19-2023

I have had a Wixey on my Sawstop for about 4 years now, and I'd never go back. So much less anxiety about having to go back to a specific measurement later in a project.