Woodnet Forums
HVLP Spray Gun for air compressor for latex and polyurethane - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: HVLP Spray Gun for air compressor for latex and polyurethane (/showthread.php?tid=7375076)

Pages: 1 2

RE: HVLP Spray Gun for air compressor for latex and polyurethane - kurt18947 - 02-16-2024

Cabinet Monkey's advice is sound. "Latex" is for walls and ceilings, not cabinetry and furniture. I think Woodcraft sells General Finishes who make spray-able finishes intended for woodwork. I wonder if you could get suitable finishes at real paint stores like Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin Moore. They won't be borg prices though, most likely. A downside to using "latex" on shelves and cabinets is blocking (I guess that's still an issue) Blocking is where items sitting on a surface painted with "latex" will stick a little when you try to move it or pick it up.

RE: HVLP Spray Gun for air compressor for latex and polyurethane - FireWood - 02-21-2024

Last in line.

using a good quality HVLP gun or turbine gun to spray latex is something you'll do just once.

After cleaning up the mess you made of your expensive spray system, you'll swear to never do it again.