Woodnet Forums
large cherry salad bowl - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: large cherry salad bowl (/showthread.php?tid=6994694)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: large cherry salad bowl - chips ahoy - 05-19-2015

Dom
I bet she was super happy with the bowl. I have a small canary wood bowl that I am doing and after reading about your finishing, decided to give it a try. I didn't have any spar varnish so used wipe on poly, seemed to be okay. I wet sanded from 220-600 gr and the bowl is as smooth as glass. I checked locally for Watco Danish oil and found there are different types. What type did you use? The wet sanding sure brought out the grain in the wood. I have the Beal system for buffing. Thanks and again beautiful job on that bowl.

Mel

Re: large cherry salad bowl - TomFromStLouis - 05-26-2015

Call an old school curmudgeon, but I don't think bowls get any better than this one. I love everything about it.

Re: large cherry salad bowl - FrankAtl - 05-28-2015

TomFromStLouis said:

Call an old school curmudgeon, but I don't think bowls get any better than this one. I love everything about it.

I guess I fit that description too Tom. It's beautiful and thanks for sharing your sanding and finishing techniques.

Oh, almost forgot. Thanks for teaching me a new word...Swarf!

Frank

Re: large cherry salad bowl - Martin S. - 05-03-2016

Bump for BB.

Great bowl!

Re: large cherry salad bowl - Arlin Eastman - 05-03-2016

First

I envy you guys with the big cherry trees and wish I had two big ones laying in my yard waiting for me to make things out of.

Second

You did a fine job on the bowl. It seems even if cherry does not have figure it always looks nice.

Someday I will travel out that way and steal all the cherry trees.

Arlin

Cripes got me again with another bump.