Woodnet Forums
Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) (/showthread.php?tid=5937919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - Tapper - 10-26-2012

Ambitious project and beautiful work, Peter! Can't wait to see the next "batch" of pics!

Doug

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - Peter Tremblay - 10-26-2012

Thank you,

It'll probably be next week some time since I'm out of town this weekend.

Now that I've finally gotten back to the shop after a few months away I've really got the itch and I'm excited about tackling this project.

I figure that if I can get 5-10 hours on it a week then I'll be able to finish it between 18 and 24 months from now.

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - WaxingMoon - 10-26-2012

That's incredible!

You make it look easy

Thanks

--------------------

Ed

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - FishmanDave - 10-27-2012

Peter: nice.

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 10-27-2012

Peter--

I saw the first post but then forgot about the rest. I was wondering how you cut those curves, and saw the lines in the "after", but was still confused. I finally, today, saw the pic where you used the dado to do it. Pretty dang ingenious. I would never thought to do it that way.

This job is looking beautiful. You're making MUCH faster progress than I EVER would! For me, my "Everest" project is a Pennsylvania spice box; I started one a decade ago and never finished it, also in walnut (my favorite wood, too). I'm hoping to start a new one this winter. If I ever make one, I guess I'll have to come up with a new "Everest" project!

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - 2beast - 10-29-2012

Nice work Peter

Love the dovetails

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - efmrrt - 10-29-2012

Very nice job Peter. I know what this project is about. I'm in the middle of doing one as well. I've got the caucus done and 3 of the feet.

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - brnhornt - 02-06-2013

Any further progress Peter?

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - Peter Tremblay - 02-06-2013

brnhornt said:

Any further progress Peter?

I did some carving on one of the feet. I finished it (except final sanding) but I wasn't happy with it... so I cut another blank and I'll use that foot as a study foot.

Lately I've had the "infill hand plane" bug and I finished a project that I started 3 years ago. I just put the final coat of wax on the plane tonight.

Pics will follow tomorrow.

So the bombe is on temporary hold. I'll get back to is soon... I promise

Thanks for asking

Re: Bombe Secretary (picture heavy) - grey spider - 02-07-2013

Hey Peter. That chest is really coming along! You and Dave have inspired me to use mostly hand tools for my next project. Ah, when I finish my bureau Will you be coming down for the show?

Michael