Woodnet Forums
Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://cloudfront-origin.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) (/showthread.php?tid=4076590)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Terry W - 10-17-2016

I made a bunch of these several years ago and gave then out in pairs as Christmas gifts. They were well received.

I had forgot all about them until a month or two ago. I was digging through a misc/junk drawer and found the template.

I need to dig it out and make a few more for this season.

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Roly - 10-17-2016

Very similar pattern  at  LINK 
 The link is video that shows the cutting and down in the comments is the location for the pattern.     Roly

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - digger - 10-17-2016

I have these....

[Image: 30354042356_36bab72f47.jpg]

[Image: 30390087255_bf5bcf6da4.jpg]

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Steve N - 12-01-2016

Just a bump to the top of the pile, because tis the season
Big Grin

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - goaliedad - 12-01-2016

David. I use either a forstner or a spade bit. My oscillating sander gets a good wirkout

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - opticsguy - 12-06-2016

Thanks for posting and interesting project and discussion. My apology for being confused but what are these wood forms?  

About firewood.  Firewood is just a smaller section of what used to be a tree, same as lumber or posts or anything else. I often set pieces of firewood aside for wood working projects, piecs that look interesting with some spaulting or other shapes and forms.

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Dara - 12-06-2016

Before I do cut 1 I drill cuts 2 and 4 with forstner bits and then just nip out the leftovers between the antlers and legs

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Dara - 12-06-2016

Before I do cut 1 I drill cuts 2 and 3 with forstner bits and then just nip out the leftovers between the antlers and legs

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - FrankAtl - 12-06-2016

Is NoTalentRookie still around?

RE: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy) - Steve N - 12-07-2016

This thing taking new comments yet? Looks like they added 1 page.

Anyhow seasonable bump