Woodnet Forums
A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? (/showthread.php?tid=6203269)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - Window Guy - 12-25-2013

To finish projects I have started now that my bench is finished, and also re - organize my shop. I would like to build a tool chest to store my more common hand tools. Build a saw till and finally start to get serious about sharpening saws and perhaps make 1 or 2.

Steve

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - fredhargis - 12-25-2013

Whatever I do, I hope to do it more slowly and deliberately. This will be the year with no "oops" .

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - goaliedad - 12-25-2013

Learn to say NO. I have been too busy the last year. I need to make time for the things I WANT to do, not need to do.
Drop 20 pounds
keep the shop cleaner
Make some things for LOML.

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - tiresmoke - 12-25-2013

Finish up a gun box for a friend. He shoots competition with old Winchester target rifles. Make a coffee table for my wife. Turn a bunch of bullet and bolt action pens. And if I find the time repaint the walls in my shop. But most importantly spend time with my wife, daughter and son doing whatever they want.( my son loves to fish) Brian

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - ckx707 - 01-01-2014

I've put some thought into what I want to accomplish in 2014 and have settled on the following list:

1) Build a bed - My wife has been very supportive of this hobby and in order to maintain that support I need to get this done this year

2) Refurb the garage shop: re-wire, insulate, add better lighting, and heat.

3) Complete at least 3 other smaller projects from the long to-do/want-to-do list:
- Bookcase for my daughter
- Magnetic knife block
- End grain cutting board
- Moxon twin screw vise
- Step stool for my son
- Something with hand cut dovetails
- Something my daughter can help with
- Tune up my 1940's Delta 14" bandsaw

4) Round out my hand tool kit with a decent saw or two. A Bad Axe hybrid sash saw is high on my list. A chance to pick it up in person and meet Mark would be a sweet bonus since I'm only a few hours from La Crosse.

I suspect that these goals are a bit overly ambitious with the new baby and everything else going on but its good to be an optimist once in awhile

The best to you all in 2014!

-Chris

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - titanxt - 01-03-2014

I am going to be honest with myself... I will probably only do what I always do... take too long to finish the projects I actually get around to do. Probably takes as much time and enjoyment in sharpening tools and cleaning up as I do building something. I will probably also buy a tool that I have always wanted but probably don't really have the need for...

Andy

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - EightFingers - 01-03-2014

Janus,
I will have a 40' container and it will be almost full. If you can fit and stay in there for two weeks, you're welcome to ride along - no charge either - maybe you can keep an eye on my stuff!

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - Ridgecrest - 01-05-2014

* Build a sofa table for the Mrs.
* Learn how to tune and use the hand planes I purchased last year.
* Clean and rearrange my office/man cave.
* Build deck and storage shed (or more likely, pay someone to) in order to move all my junk out of my side of the garage so that my car can reclaim its spot.
* Learn SketchUp

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - Chataigner - 01-06-2014

Finish my shop ! It is in an old stone barn attached to the house and is half fitted out while awaiting planning permission for adding a window in the stone wall (over 2' thick !). Permit arrived a couple of days ago, so now I can get on with it - weather permitting !

Re: A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year? - Bill Holt - 01-06-2014

I have finished the drawings for a credenza style entertainment cabinet and a matching coffee table. Last night the LOML asked for an elegant quilt hanger, so:
1. Design and build quilt hanger (Jan)
2. Locate and mill 100 bf of Mesquite (by the Feb 15)
3. Complete entertainment cabinet (by Mar 7)
4. Complete coffee table (by Mar 28)

I have never been goal driven so this will be a nice test.