Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - closed for business - 12-21-2015

i got a bunch of 80/20 hardware in a package deal with a couple pieces of 2" 80/20 i bought at auction. The angle braces and T nuts are spectacularly engineered. I have never been so impressed with the thoroughness of their design. a single screw into each piece was enough to hold them perfectly square and as solid as a single piece.

anywho.. whatcha working on Mike?!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 12-22-2015

Insulation - I think I have 81 batts up and most of those have the 2X6 vertical installed in front of them as well. at 4' on center. That vertical 2X6 allows me a place to also join my plywood walls too since those sheets are 32X48. Each ply wall gets attached on at least 3 sides - two vertical and at least one horizontal.

I love 8020.

Also now planning a projector install in the ceiling.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 01-15-2016

My dad passed away on 12/21 so I have been dealing with the estate and getting things cleaned up. Work in the shed has really slowed due to that additional work.

Tonight I did get my projector screen hung up. Check out this video. It is a 200" diag powered Favi screen. Its mounted to my 14X14 roll up door frame using 3/8 eyebolts and locking carabiners. I hoisted it up using a 4:1 rope hoist commonly used to field dress deer - I restrung it with 100' of 3/8 braided rope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n-KQ_xWrZk

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - packerguy® - 01-15-2016

Sorry to hear of your dads passing.

Projector....for teaching.....or watching the Packers on sunday

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - oakey - 01-15-2016

Mike
i was wondering how the P barn was coming along
when you get this all done are you going to open a drive in movie LOL
very sorry to hear of you loosing your father
and keep up the build post i for one have been enjoying them
Sam

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - digger - 01-15-2016

So sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences to you and your family.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 01-15-2016

Thank you everyone. Dad lived his life EXACTLY like he wanted too. He was not sick and at 73 he had a quick fast permanent heart attack. If I could have a wish on my exit it would be very similar as no one gets out of any of this alive. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers for sure.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - closed for business - 01-15-2016

BloomingtonMike said:

Thank you everyone. Dad lived his life EXACTLY like he wanted too. He was not sick and at 73 he had a quick fast permanent heart attack. If I could have a wish on my exit it would be very similar as no one gets out of any of this alive. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers for sure.

good way to look at it. A life well lived.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 01-25-2016

This weekend I got my projector put up in the air. This is an Optoma HD26 projector shooting on a 200" diag Favi powered screen. The ceiling mount was $25 import one from amazon. I will tidy the wires up a bit more later. I installed an outlet for it close by and I have two HDMI cable and a mini stereo 12V trigger line ran to the projector.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - SCMedLion - 01-26-2016

Plan on watching giant images of Norm?? TMac? Or are you the new best friend of all the local guys with the MikieSpace doubling as a mancave to host sports broadcasts?

Not that it matters . . . any excuse for a giant screen is OK by me!