Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 01-26-2016

Movies and kinect and wii games for the kids and youtube metalworkingvideos mostly. No neighbors and not into sports much. Want to try projecting plans and my vectric cnc stuff. Having a birthday movie arty in November sold me on adding a projector shootin on the door area. Adding the wireless receiver upped the tune quality in there too. Getting a buddies old 15" vega speakers this week too for temp speakers. I love wring out there with my tunes.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Admiral - 01-27-2016

I'm trying like heck to figure out what you DON'T have in your new shop . . . Kegerator maybe??

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - closed for business - 03-20-2016

i desperately need an update. stat!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 03-20-2016

+1

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - digger - 03-21-2016

+2

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Stwood_ - 03-21-2016

+3

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-22-2016

LOL

Sales in the other shop and real job work has affected progress rate but I have been making some progress.

I added 6 220V 30amp outlets to the ceiling on two circuits. These will be above the cnc mill, the minimax bandsaw, sanding station, and planer/jointer.

I have ran 24V control wire to 8 spots for start/stop controlling the the rotary phase converters motor controls. I ordered momentary start and stop buttons for each of those spots. Those controls will get wired in once walls were in.

I wired in 7.2 surround sound and put a couple 15" Vegas in and also some indoor/outdoor ceiling speakers. I was standing there listening to music the other day. Shop windows and doors were all closed. I was listing to the words of the song. BUT I was at my mailbox which is 2 acres away. I thought PERFECT - Stereo is done Mikie style! Receiver is fully streamable and network enabled with full IP stereo control. The receiver is a Denon AVR-S910W. Fully controllable from the web, all apps work with it and it is a media server.

I added a Mame/Arcade setup too via Raspberry Pi3 last week running RetroPie. It plays on the Samsung 40" and on the projector. I have a wireless Xbox360 controller working with it. I also have a controlblock and actual arcade buttons to wire up to it too. I have some interesting ideas for an arcade machine.

I am also working on getting a home automation Linux Distro loaded on a second Raspberry Pi3. IFTTT and recipes and some RF 433mhz chips could make for some neat tool integration.

I changed out 8 metal halide lights for five 6 lamp T5HO lights and will change out the last 8 metal halides in coming weeks . I put a how-to video of wiring and hanging those up my way on on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_wCjR4RbE

Insulation is still only 1/3rd done. Will work more on that soon.

On the tool front - Birthday (and work bonus) is in a couple days. Thinking a 72" HF roller tool cabinet will make for a nice bench base and match the tool box height (some day it will be built as a toolbox hutch work center). I also refurbed a Woodpecker router lift to add a second router table in there from a member here. also another member sent me a collar to fit my 618 motor so that was much appreciated too. Festool vac setup is getting a Dust Deputy too.

Next on the list is the replacement of the last metal halides and some more insulation work.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Cdshakes - 03-23-2016

soooo jealous of your setup-- here's a crazy question though-- have you made anything out there yet (besides things for out there) ??!!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-23-2016

I have an existing/working 1000sq detached shop that gets used at least every other night. This is the new shop (termed shed around here). Beauty is while the CNCs are cutting in the old shop I am out working in the new shed. Plus the old shop pays for the new shed.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - closed for business - 03-23-2016

are you going to maintain some operations in the old shop? I would think it would be nice to keep the CNCs in the old shop to produce things while you are in the shed. Less constant drone/noise. I'm not sure how loud your CNC is, mine isn't too bad, basically a router on its slowest speeds, but i still wear muffs while in there.