Woodnet Forums
Headboard Build along - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Headboard Build along (/showthread.php?tid=6947932)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Headboard Build along - Joel H. - 02-08-2015

Gotta admire beauty. That's fantastic!

Joel

Re: Headboard Build along - fishboat - 02-08-2015

Beautiful work..gorgeous walnut.

Re: Headboard Build along - jestrada - 02-08-2015

Amazing work. Absolutely beautiful.

Re: Headboard Build along - Ken Vick - 02-08-2015

That is a really nice piece, design, workmanship and walnut. Hope you don't mind a couple questions. Is the center piece divider solid or glued up lamination? Also, how did you do the vertical cockbeading ( I guess that's what you call it)? Ken

Re: Headboard Build along - KC - 02-08-2015

That right there is beautiful.

Re: Headboard Build along - cputnam - 02-08-2015

Hope you don't mind put I've clipped this. Could need it some day.

Re: Headboard Build along - Herebrooks - 02-09-2015

Thanks Ken: The center piece is solid and the curve is bandsawed out The beading is new to the design. I used it on another headboard and liked the way it "framed " the panels. The bead is applied after the bed is together and is small enough to make the bend. A small amount of yellow glue and 3/4" pin nails kept them in place. I might try steaming them on a form in the future.
Bill

Re: Headboard Build along - Ken Vick - 02-09-2015

Herebrooks said:

Thanks Ken: The center piece is solid and the curve is bandsawed out The beading is new to the design. I used it on another headboard and liked the way it "framed " the panels. The bead is applied after the bed is together and is small enough to make the bend. A small amount of yellow glue and 3/4" pin nails kept them in place. I might try steaming them on a form in the future.
Bill

Thanks, Bill. I like that the divider has such interesting grain that goes so well with the figured panels. The beading really adds classy touch. I was wondering if it would be flexible to bend around that curve. Obviously, it was. Ken

Re: Headboard Build along - FrankAtl - 02-10-2015

The only word I can think of...BEAUTIFUL!

Re: Headboard Build along - glzahn - 02-10-2015

Talk about knocking one out of the park!!!

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!