Woodnet Forums
CT bandsaw blades - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: CT bandsaw blades (/showthread.php?tid=7010540)

CT bandsaw blades - SteveS - 05-07-2015

So, after learning the lesson that lenox woodmaster CT tips cannot be sharpened I'm looking for a carbide blade that can be resharpened. I've heard good things about the Resaw King. Is that the band best suited to my needs?

I'll use it for cutting some pretty hard stuff including my 9" thick Gabon ebony log, though I've learned my lesson on what to use for African blackwood.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - BloomingtonMike - 05-07-2015

trimaster
resaw king
both great

Send a note to BlackHawk Industrial (used to be sanders tools)

1506 Luthy Drive Peoria, IL 61615 Toll Free: (800) 397-TOOL Phone: (309) 692-2666

And see of they will sharpen your Woodmaster CT.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - SteveS - 05-08-2015

Thanks for the reference, but I took it to a local place that sharpens carbide tipped blades, but they said the teeth were toast. Carbide is no match for African blackwood.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - Timberwolf - 05-08-2015

Why can't carbide teeth be resharpened? Diamond is many times harder than tungsten carbide..I wonder if you have tried sharpening it with a 1/8" diamond burr in a Dremel?

edit....I can understand the problem if the teeth have been destroyed...but not so much if they are just dull and worn or have lost too much "set"...I think I would try sharpening it myself right on the saw, before tossing it...

Re: CT bandsaw blades - ruffcutt - 05-08-2015

Call these people. They say the can sharpen the CT band saw blade.

http://www.dailysawservice.com/

Re: CT bandsaw blades - SteveS - 05-08-2015

It's because the woodmaster CT has teeth so small they can't be resharpened. I've heard the same from others that this is the case.

I don't have a dremel tool. I'm not all that interested in spending time trying to sharpen a 154" long band in any case. I have more money that time so new is a better choice right now.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - Timberwolf - 05-08-2015

Quote:

It's because the woodmaster CT has teeth so small they can't be resharpened.

That would explain it...The one I looked at {Lenox site} was 3ppi which is very doable, providing it is just dull and not damaged.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - Cliff Ober - 08-17-2015

SteveS said:

So, after learning the lesson that lenox woodmaster CT tips cannot be sharpened I'm looking for a carbide blade that can be resharpened. I've heard good things about the Resaw King. Is that the band best suited to my needs?

Resurrecting an old thread:

Steve, did you ever find someone to sharpen your CT bandsaw blades? I've been trying to find someone to resharpen my Laguna Kerf-King blades; Laguna will resharpen their Resaw King blades but not the other...

I've called Daily Saw Service that was referenced in this thread and they will sharpen CT blades, but I was curious if you had used them or how you had made out with your blades.

Thanks,

Cliff

Re: CT bandsaw blades - SteveS - 08-17-2015

After doing a bit more research I found that the original profile on the woodmaster is a triple chip grind that no resharpening company can regrind, apparently. If you find the DSS can I'd be interested.

I've since purchased a TriMaster CT blade to replace the WM. Supposedly Laguna can resharpen that. I will only use cheap blades to cut ABW so perhaps I won't need a resharpening for a long time.

Re: CT bandsaw blades - Arlin Eastman - 08-17-2015

Steve

This is the one a guy bought for me that ruined my other two and it is working great.

Grizzley

Arlin