Woodnet Forums
Full Chisel - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Full Chisel (/showthread.php?tid=7013311)

Full Chisel - toolemera - 05-12-2015

Tater, aka Stephen Shepherd of Full Chisel fame, continues in rehab after his stroke. Doing better and back to being as grumpy as he should be.

Thus, an interesting question for the hand tool forum: who is interested in any of his four books, either now or in the future? I'm looking for a sense of what interest there is in his admittedly excellent and important books.

Re: Full Chisel - hbmcc - 05-12-2015

I have a very vague notion of what Stephen has done and is doing. The jist of it being historically significant and correct processes, procedures, and materials. Your publications mention is news to me.

Perhaps a synopsis?

Re: Full Chisel - cputnam - 05-12-2015

I have two of his books - one signed by him.

Can't remember what the other two are offhand.

Re: Full Chisel - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 05-12-2015

I have on of his; Shepherd's Compleat Early Ninteenth Century Woodworker

Re: Full Chisel - Bob DeViney - 05-12-2015

I have two of his books, and had wondered why the Full Chisel blog hadn't been active since last November. Sorry to hear about his stroke, but glad to hear that Stephen is recovering.

Re: Full Chisel - JimCrammond - 05-13-2015

Gary,

I am interested, especially the books on hide glue and finishing. I tried to order them about a month ago and saw that they weren't available.

Jim

Re: Full Chisel - ZachDillinger - 05-13-2015

toolemera said:

Tater, aka Stephen Shepherd of Full Chisel fame, continues in rehab after his stroke. Doing better and back to being as grumpy as he should be.

Thus, an interesting question for the hand tool forum: who is interested in any of his four books, either now or in the future? I'm looking for a sense of what interest there is in his admittedly excellent and important books.

I have all of his books and wouldn't be without them. They need to be back in print and anyone who is interested in historic craft should own them. It would be a shame if they were gone from the market due to his health problems. I would probably buy another set just to have them.

Re: Full Chisel - Dan Moening - 05-13-2015

Quote:

I am interested, especially the books on hide glue and finishing.

I am as well.

Best wishes for a full, complete and hasty recovery Mr. Shepherd.

Re: Full Chisel - Acorn - 05-13-2015

You may get a better response if you were to list the titles and subjects and possible costs of the books involved. I suppose the information if available using search engines, but without at least more info why would anyone search?

Re: Full Chisel - Chuck Nickerson - 05-13-2015

I have all but the spinning wheel repair book and the treadle lathe plans.

I'd like to be able to but both of those.