Woodnet Forums
"Stanley Jack" - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: "Stanley Jack" (/showthread.php?tid=7057735)

"Stanley Jack" - tshiker - 07-18-2015

That's all the auction listing said about this lot, It looked like a very rusty 604 and i was worried it might be pitted. I figured what the hell, I would put in a low bid and worst case scenario have some parts for the boneyard. (These are their pic's not mine.)

I knew once I opened the box it wasn't a 604 but it took awhile to get through the rust to expose the 604 1/2 in the corner! I had to strip off all the japanning and give it a long bath in Evapo-Rust, but I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of pitting. Just some small spots on the lever cap and some shallow pitting on the face of the blade (which I might swap out for an as yet purchased Hock). After pic's below with the obligatory fluffy shavings.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the best part! $12.00 for the plane, $9.50 for the shipping for a grand total of, $21.50!

ps. I did replace the knob. It was functional but chipped at the base and I had a few laying about.

Thanks for looking!
Tom.

Re: "Stanley Jack" - MarkSingleton - 07-18-2015

Good job on the restoration and congratulations on snagging a good tool!!

Re: "Stanley Jack" - Jonathan S - 07-18-2015

Nice job. What did you use to replace the japanning?

Jonathan

Re: "Stanley Jack" - blackhat - 07-18-2015

You got ripped. That's not a jack. I'll give you $25 and shipping and you can keep looking.

Re: "Stanley Jack" - GNP - 07-18-2015

Hey you removed all the patina.
Nice restoration.

Re: "Stanley Jack" - Steve N - 07-18-2015

Hey!!!! That's my plane. It fell off my truck 22 years ago. Thanks for shining it all up for me, let me give you my add..........

Re: "Stanley Jack" - GeorgeV - 07-18-2015

Always nice to see an old tool restored. You certainly did a fine job and the shavings look nice.

Re: "Stanley Jack" - DaveParkis - 07-18-2015

I can't believe no one else has said this....,YOU SUCK!!!!

Re: "Stanley Jack" - Bibliophile 13 - 07-19-2015

You. Suck.