Woodnet Forums
plane rehabing - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: plane rehabing (/showthread.php?tid=7065659)

plane rehabing - captjack - 07-30-2015

There must be something I dont understand about the search feature here on previous posts. No matter what I type in, I cannot find a post on which black paint to use for the plane bodies. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: plane rehabing - Steve Friedman - 07-30-2015

web page

Hope this helps

Steve

Re: plane rehabing - captjack - 07-30-2015

yes Steve, that is what I needed, thank you. what key words did you use to find that? Thanks again.

Re: plane rehabing - Steve Friedman - 07-30-2015

Don't laugh, but I used the Woodnet search function to search the word "Black." That was it. I limited it to the Hand Tools section. I made it go back 10 years and give me 250 results per page. Then I scanned the results quickly to find one that looked relevant. Took around 90 seconds.

I'm sure that Toby has a better way (he seems to have an uncanny knack for web searching), but I always try to find a unique word that's not likely to return too many results. The word "Japanning" would't return stuff that talked about paint. I figured words like paint, rehab, fettle, refurbish, and plane would produce way too many results. The word "Black" produced 2 pages of results and it was easy to pick the ones that were what you wanted.

I know, too much information, but you asked.

Steve

Re: plane rehabing - smithgl12 - 07-30-2015

Is a rattle can of black engine block spray paint considered a power or hand tool? Talk amongst yourselves.

Re: plane rehabing - HomerLee - 07-30-2015

I think someone asked a question and someone responded. Tip: as soon as you see it is not of interest to you, you can stop reading. Be nice.

Re: plane rehabing - Bibliophile 13 - 07-31-2015

RE: the search function, it's an old-school function that requires you to use a + sign for most searches--read the directions on the page.

Or you could use a regular Google search and include "WoodNet" as part of your search terms. It works pretty well.

Re: plane rehabing - captjack - 08-07-2015

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.