Woodnet Forums
On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor (/showthread.php?tid=7081578)

On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - C. in Indy - 08-24-2015

Hi,
Believe it or not, until I read the PWM article this month, I didn't know the saw / dividers / chisels were 3-dimensional wood pieces. I had been thinking they were 2-D pieces with very clever shadowing!

My other highlight of hand-tool humor was a few weeks ago when Roy Underhill talked about a bench frog attached with screws.... he thought a frog should have "rivets" !!!

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Scoony - 08-24-2015

I initially though they were 3-d, then figued that maybe it was the shadowing.

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Bibliophile 13 - 08-24-2015

Yeah, I had to look at them again and again before I could see that they really were 3D and not 2D inlay. With Jameel, it could well have been really fancy inlay.

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Phil S. - 08-25-2015

In a recent blog post, CS mentions they were carved.

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Arlin Eastman - 08-25-2015

What in Tarnation is a bench frog?

Arlin

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Stwood_ - 08-25-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

Similiar to a porch dog maybe?

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - C. in Indy - 08-26-2015

I wish I could remember more exactly -- I didn't record the episode. But I think it was the episode on "Viceless devices," so the "frog" attached to the bench was some sort of hook or crochet or other work-holder. It was pretty good viewing that day; I enjoyed it.

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - Boatman53 - 08-26-2015

You got it, a quick search and it appears to be a wider flatter crochet.
Jim

Re: On that recent PWM article on Jameel Abraham's chest decor - hbmcc - 08-28-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

What's a "Tarnation"? .... Or, ... where is one? Is that a nation with tar?

Otherwise, thanks. Saved me from the same question...