Woodnet Forums
New, leaking dishwasher - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: New, leaking dishwasher (/showthread.php?tid=7106222)

New, leaking dishwasher - Ricky - 09-26-2015

Bought a new Maytag dishwasher 2 weeks ago. Got around to installing today. It's leaking. Not from the drain tubes or water inlet, but from the float valve thingie at the bottom of the washer.
I googled and read that those gaskets can leak or go bad after a while. But this is new.

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - jteneyck - 09-26-2015

Take it back. No reason you should have to accept a defective unit.

John

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - Ricky - 09-26-2015

I got it at home depot. They claim they can only help withing 48 hours of delivery. They say I have to call the manufacturer.

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - daveferg - 09-26-2015

First, I'd try raising the front end with the leveling feet at the front. I've had DW's leak past the door seal if they weren't leveled---worth a try.

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - Rick in Ontario - 09-26-2015

So, have you contacted the manufacturer?

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - jteneyck - 09-26-2015

Ricky said:

I got it at home depot. They claim they can only help withing 48 hours of delivery. They say I have to call the manufacturer.

I can understand that for a unit that's been put into service, but when there's a problem before the product has even been used that policy stinks. I'd ask to speak with the manager and see if you can get some satisfaction.

John

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - daddo - 09-26-2015

Perhaps it is overfilling?
Check the float, that it moves easily and isn't blocked by any debris or packing material.
A lot of foam in the washer will cause it to leak too. Use less soap and use no detergent that foams.

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - KC - 09-26-2015

jteneyck said:

[blockquote]Ricky said:

I can understand that for a unit that's been put into service, but when there's a problem before the product has even been used that policy stinks. I'd ask to speak with the manager and see if you can get some satisfaction.

John

[/blockquote]

I think you might push a bit... but the bottom line is that HD can tell you to pound sand. And probably will.

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - theeviltwinn - 09-26-2015

Pack it up and take it back to HD. Ask to see the manager. Tell him you refuse to accept a defective product. Stand your ground and they will take it back.

Twinn

Re: New, leaking dishwasher - Howardly - 09-26-2015

Ricky said:

Bought a new Maytag dishwasher 2 weeks ago. Got around to installing today. It's leaking. Not from the drain tubes or water inlet, but from the float valve thingie at the bottom of the washer.
I googled and read that those gaskets can leak or go bad after a while. But this is new.

Had that happen to me as well. The water pump was broken right out of the box. I called for factory service, a tech came out and replaced the broken parts, done and no big deal. Beat having to remove it and install another one.