Woodnet Forums
How about brace dating? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: How about brace dating? (/showthread.php?tid=7108374)

How about brace dating? - Scott W - 09-29-2015

Ok, now I am getting greedy...ya'll helped me with a plane...know anything bout this brace? The only markings left on it is CT, USA.

Re: How about brace dating? - Boatman53 - 09-29-2015

I don't know but I think I have one just like it.
Jim

Re: How about brace dating? - Scott W - 09-29-2015

I have the North Bros, Stanley, etc versions but this is my favorite.

Re: How about brace dating? - JClark - 09-29-2015

It was made by John Fray in Bridgeport, CT. It's a Spofford patent chuck. If it's earlier it might have been made by Fray and Pigg. It's a great user brace- nearly indestructible and with the very popular Spofford chuck.

Lots of information on Fray and Spofford on Sandy Moss' page here: http://sydnassloot.com/Brace/Fray.htm

Re: How about brace dating? - Steve N - 09-29-2015

Not sure what I really expected based on that title, but I was fairly certain you were going to have a passage on taking your brace dancing, and to the movies.

I guess having learned the truth it is much less disturbing

Re: How about brace dating? - JClark - 09-29-2015

Steve N said:

Not sure what I really expected based on that title, but I was fairly certain you were going to have a passage on taking your brace dancing, and to the movies.

Since as far back as I recall, if I search for "Stanley Plane Dating" with Google I always get a Google AdWords advertisement for "(40+) Connecticut Dating - Dating Service For Busy Singles‎"

Although, now that I think about it, the results now say (40+) dating. They didn't used to. Dammint I'm not 40 yet. Soon, but not yet. Let's not rush things, Google.

Josh

..not 40 and not single.

Re: How about brace dating? - TobyC - 09-30-2015

JClark said:

[blockquote]Steve N said:

Since as far back as I recall, if I search for "Stanley Plane Dating" with Google I always get a Google AdWords advertisement for "(40+) Connecticut Dating - Dating Service For Busy Singles‎"

Although, now that I think about it, the results now say (40+) dating. They didn't used to. Dammint I'm not 40 yet. Soon, but not yet. Let's not rush things, Google.

Josh

..not 40 and not single.

[/blockquote]

The results are based on your search history!

I never date braces, they're screwy, and they make your wallet thin.

Re: How about brace dating? - Bibliophile 13 - 09-30-2015

When you pick up your brace for the date, don't forget to bring her a bouquet of auger bits. I have a feeling this little brace would be especially fond of Jennings pattern bits.

Re: How about brace dating? - Admiral - 09-30-2015

Bibliophile 13 said:

When you pick up your brace for the date, don't forget to bring her a bouquet of auger bits. I have a feeling this little brace would be especially fond of Jennings pattern bits.

And don't forget to protect your lead screws with elastic covers. Brace dating can be dangerous these days.

Re: How about brace dating? - JimReed@Tallahassee - 09-30-2015

Never dated a brace myself. They just go around in circles.