Woodnet Forums
Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier (/showthread.php?tid=7127417)

Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - Arlin Eastman - 10-25-2015

he told me that when we were ready for a rasp from him to send him an Email so a week ago sent him one and within 4 days I got one from him.

It is like a half round file and 10" long and boy is it sharp. It came well packaged and within the package was the rasp in a plastic tube.
We are so looking forward to using it in the next week if I can stay healthy.
I also got a Certificate of Authenticity with it and says guarantied for life in my package.

Such a nice and honest fella that makes nice tools.

Arlin

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - tablesawtom - 10-25-2015

I have a couple but it took a lot longer to get them, left handed. They do cut smooth.

Tom

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - AHill - 10-25-2015

Liogier rasps are right up there with Auriou. If Auriou's are 10's, then Liogier are 9.5's. I have both Auriou and Liogier rasps. I also have Made in the USA Nicholson No. 49 and 50, and while they are decent, I'd rate them a 5.5. Gramercy's I'd rate about a 7.

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - Arlin Eastman - 10-25-2015

Tom

I did not know that there are Lt and Rt hand rasps. He did ask me questions which I do not remember tho.

They were delivered FedEx and I watched them when he gave me the tracking #. One direct flight to Omaha then to me.
I did go to their site and watched how they make them. If I was the guy who did them I would go cross eyed after doing 2 of them.

Allan

Are you a tool collector?

Arlin

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - WoodTinker - 10-26-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

he told me that when we were ready for a rasp from him to send him an Email so a week ago sent him one and within 4 days I got one from him.

It is like a half round file and 10" long and boy is it sharp. It came well packaged and within the package was the rasp in a plastic tube.
We are so looking forward to using it in the next week if I can stay healthy.
I also got a Certificate of Authenticity with it and says guarantied for life in my package.

Such a nice and honest fella that makes nice tools.

Arlin

I gotta say. I really love my Liogier rasps.

Originally getting them to speed shaping the handles for a TFWW bowsaw. I guess they allow the artist in me to shine. That process was so enjoyable that I went on to make 2 more. The first set I got the blades, pins and handles. The next two just more sets of pins.

I have some pins and a 24" blade from Isaac Smith at Blackburn Tools waiting to make a 24" version.

I have later gone back to Liogier and gotten a modelers, rattail & rifflers rasp. All except the riffler have a "Custom engraving of the handle," which is in French says made by Liogier for my name.

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - AHill - 10-26-2015

Arlin Eastman said:

Allan

Are you a tool collector?

Nope. I'm a tool user. There is very little duplication of sizes and/or grains on my rasps. When I first started woodworking, the Nicholson's were all I could afford, so maybe the premium rasps are duplicated there. I used to have a lot of chisels, but I sold most of my duplicate chisels.

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - KlausK. - 10-26-2015

Hi Arlin,

I use mine continuosly. I've got 3 Liogiers and count them to my best shaping tools. They are so nice to control, leave so good surfaces and are though working quick, that I don't feel any need to look for others. To my understanding they belong to the very best you can get.

Klaus

Re: Do you guys remember Noel Liogier - RonB1957 - 10-26-2015

My favorite tool from Noel has got to be my custom 6" butcher. All 15 grain. I use it on every saw as well as some small projects in the shop. I don't know how many Liogier rasp I have now. But it's a bunch.