Woodnet Forums
SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? (/showthread.php?tid=7189718)

SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - thecutter - 01-10-2016

I always wanted the jessem Mastr Slide but missed out. Can this be put on a PM saw?

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - Slupie - 01-10-2016

After looking at the manual, I don't see why not. Just line it up where you want it and drill some holes in your saw or in the mounting angle.

http://www.sawstop.com/images/uploads/ma...4_9_2015_sm.pdf

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - fasteddie - 01-10-2016

Yes it can and will need to remove left extension wing, may also need to trim the fence rails too,

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - Ray Newman - 01-10-2016

FastEddie and The Cutter: at one time I installed an Excaliber 30" sliding table on my 52" Uni-saw.

Instead of cutting the Uni-fence rail, I just carefully measured and drilled new mounting holes. Was a wise move as I later took off the sliding table and still had the 52" cut capability. Might be something to consider.

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - David G - 01-11-2016

The Woodcraft Austin folks mounted the crosscut cut table to the extension wing. It put the fence edge farther from the blade which provides more room for ripping panels without moving the fence.

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - Steve N - 01-11-2016

From past experience I'ma gonna say NO. If your PM 66 is looking like the one in the pic. All I know is my older PM66's all had the motor bump to the left side of the cabinet, and required special armatures for a slider that took that into consideration to keep from having a collision each time you slid it forward. Uni's were left of the cab bumps until that last model, so a SS carriage will probably fit a Uni, but not likely a PM66. Well it will fit, it just won't slide, unless you re-engineer it. I say all this knowing ZIP about the SS slider, but as you can see the motor is out of the way on the right side of the cab.

Old School PM slider

New School Laguna I believe

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - fredhargis - 01-11-2016

Sawstop claims it will fit all their stationary saws. That would include the PCS which has the motor bump on the left side.

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - EricU - 01-13-2016

I really like the looks of the Laguna, but I don't have that much space. The saw stop is tempting. I really miss the sliding table on the Ryobi, with all its faults.

Re: SawStop Sliding CrossCut Table on PM66? - Steve N - 01-13-2016

Thanks Fred, those weenie cutters aren't my strong suit