Woodnet Forums
MM 16 Parts Source - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: MM 16 Parts Source (/showthread.php?tid=7192883)

MM 16 Parts Source - Rick_B - 01-13-2016

Anyone know where I can get parts for an MM 16 bandsaw? Specifcally I need the locking rings for the upper blade guides

Thanks

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - JGrout - 01-13-2016

I would start here

Joe

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - jteneyck - 01-13-2016

I was given this source by the one of the guys MiniMax sales guys in the US: Link. You have to become a member, but that's just a formality.

John

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - TGW - 01-14-2016

Most locking rings are standard parts just like nuts and bolts.
In case yours are I suggest asking the local industrial supplier.

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - JGrout - 01-14-2016

page 7 shows similar pins I have in my MM16

If yours are the same and you cannot determine the size I can pull one apart and give you the information.

Joe

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - FireWood - 01-14-2016

what year is your MM16? IIRC, there are a few different versions of guides... I would assume they have different locking rings.

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - Rick_B - 01-14-2016

Joe - I don't think we are on the same page - not sure what the pins you linked to are for? I'm talking about the knured internally threaded ring that locks the upper bearings in place. They appear to be a m22 x 1.5 pitch.

Dan - not sure of the exact year - I bought it used. I believe it is a mid 90's? it has the 4.8 kw motor.

Well I got in touch with Parts Pronto (linked above) - after some stumbling we came up with the part number based on their parts schematic - $75 - HOLY COW!! They only thing I can figure is they areactually selling the entire bearing assembly and not just the locking ring. I'm going to take a different approach and see if I can findf something with an M22 x 1/5 internal thread that I can turn into a locking ring.

Re: MM 16 Parts Source - fredhargis - 01-15-2016

When I looked in my manual (just a glance) yesterday, it did appear that was listed as an assembly. Your approach makes more sense, or ask a machine shop to help.