Woodnet Forums
A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. (/showthread.php?tid=7272317)

A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 04-25-2016

Last week, Blaine and his lovely bride were in Kansas City and a few of us got together Tuesday night. WN's own illustrious K.L. McReynolds (Mac) and MrsMac were in attendance, and Rob Young and I were happy to welcome him back to KC for another visit.

We took advantage of the occasion to have a friendly meal together at a local restaurant of some repute, Stroud's. Over some of the finest fried chicken, livers, gizzards, mashed 'taters, and good brews, we killed a few hours in ribald revelry until we were forcibly removed from the establishment due to closing time.

Here's a pic of the rabble rousers themselves. Seated you have from left to right, Rob Young, MrsMac, Blaine'sBabe, and Blaine. Back Row is Mac and myself. The ladies mostly kept us in check, but you can't keep down true hooligans like Mac and Blaine for long...

Great folks, all. I was lucky to be counted in such esteemed company!

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - AHill - 04-25-2016

Glad y'all had a great time! I can attest that Blaine is fine company, having met him and spent some time with him at several of the early WIA's. Not sure about the rest of you, but if Blaine hanged with you that long, that's endorsement enough for me.

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - K. L. McReynolds - 04-25-2016

where am I?

Oh, yeah, I do have 2 planes and a draw knife.

Was great meeting Blaine and LOHL. Have met previously with the other two fellas. Was a really good time!

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Jonathan S - 04-25-2016

What, no bbq??? Sounds like a fun time anyway. I had the pleasure of meeting Blaine at WIA in Cincinnati a few years back, and had a nice dinner with Greg and Rob in KC last fall. Always fun to meet other woodnetters.

Jonathan

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Window Guy - 04-26-2016

Thanks for sharing, I am sure that was good time. It is great when you can meet a few of the Boy's and Gal's. Oh by rhe way the meal sounded yummy being a Southerner those are my kind of eats, and yes I like BBQ and we have to throw in Grits, biscuits and gravy as well.

Steve

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Rob Young - 04-26-2016

Jonathan S said:

What, no bbq??? Sounds like a fun time anyway. I had the pleasure of meeting Blaine at WIA in Cincinnati a few years back, and had a nice dinner with Greg and Rob in KC last fall. Always fun to meet other woodnetters.

Jonathan

Mrs. and Mr. Blaine were on a BBQ and blues tour so we wanted to give them a little bit of a break. Their gastro-intestional systems, not so much.

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Arlin Eastman - 04-26-2016

And I was only 130 miles away. Wish I could have been there.

Arlin

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - cputnam - 04-26-2016

Thanks for the post. Always nice to put a face to the name.

Re: A few WoodNetters Meet Up (sic) in Kansas City. - Stwood_ - 04-29-2016