Woodnet Forums
R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: R.I.P. Mr. Lee (/showthread.php?tid=7314172)

Pages: 1 2

R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Handplanesandmore - 07-07-2016

http://www.leevalley.com/en/LL.html

It is a sad day and the business world has lost a giant, a truly caring businessman.

Thank you, Mr. Lee, for all your contributions to the woodworking community.

Simon

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Aram - 07-07-2016

This is truly sad news. RIP to a great human being.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - DaveParkis - 07-07-2016

That is truly a loss to the world. There are very few people who have left that much of a mark. My condolences to his family.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Admiral - 07-07-2016

My sincere condolences to Rob and his family, a great loss. Mr. Lee touched so many lives with his work, and not only in woodworking. RIP.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Tony Z - 07-07-2016

We truly lost one of the great ones.

Prayers to Rob and his family.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - AHill - 07-07-2016

My heartfelt sympathies to the Lee family. Not just blood kin, but the business as well. Indeed, we have lost a true great one. Thankfully, he has passed his legacy to Rob and Leonard's spirit will continue to live and thrive under Rob's leadership.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lee family.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Donovan78 - 07-07-2016

I still remember thumbing through my fathers' Lee Valley catalogs as a young boy in the late eighties. I owe my love of woodworking to my carpenter father and those catalogs. Rest in peace Mr. Lee.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - cputnam - 07-07-2016

To Rob Lee and family - you have my sympathy and condolences. The world is a poorer place now.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - JimBelair - 07-07-2016

I enjoyed the stories of his humble life on the Prairies that he related in his book on sharpening.

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Lee - Patsfan - 07-07-2016

Truly a loss.

I used to have a copy of "The complete guide to sharpening" I used to loan it out as a resource, and never got it back.

Rob, my condolences to you and your family. I am sure his loss will be felt by his employees, customers and the woodworking family in general.