Woodnet Forums
Interesting saw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Interesting saw (/showthread.php?tid=7318256)

Interesting saw - SteveF - 07-14-2016

I picked this up about a month ago. I'm guessing it was homemade, but I'm not sure. It certainly was made a long time ago.

Re: Interesting saw - Window Guy - 07-14-2016

It is a interesting looking saw regardless wether it is homemade or not. It looks to have a rather small handle but I like the design of it. Nice find !

Steve

Re: Interesting saw - eg54string - 07-14-2016

That is interesting. Thanks for the post.

Re: Interesting saw - mvflaim - 07-14-2016

Whoever sharpened it does a better job than I do.

Re: Interesting saw - elinourrumming - 07-14-2016

Window Guy said:

It is a interesting looking saw regardless wether it is homemade or not. It looks to have a rather small handle but I like the design of it. Nice find !

Steve

Small? I think it looks perfectly sized

Re: Interesting saw - Bibliophile 13 - 07-15-2016

I think I see what you mean by "homemade." The parts are cut down from a larger handsaw, hence the nib and the oddly shaped handle. I'll bet the details on the top of the handle could tell us who made the original saw, but I don't know my handle profiles well enough to even guess.

RE: Interesting saw - KlausK. - 07-20-2016

Pedder found this pic of one of the first saw handles I ever made. It was made before TLT was installed. Some similarities, isn't it?
Smile

[Image: CIMG0776.JPG]

Klaus

RE: Interesting saw - Daniel S - 08-29-2016

You're saw looks smaller and older, but it is similar to a saw in the 1918 Disston catalog. On page 151, a joiner saw is listed. It looks like it has a nib and no back with an open handle.

RE: Interesting saw - hbmcc - 08-29-2016

That looks like a Humm Dinger to me. At a certain point in one's life the label loses its aura.