Woodnet Forums
We lost Windowguy - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: We lost Windowguy (/showthread.php?tid=7326407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: We lost Windowguy - Axehandle - 12-27-2016

This is a second one of my Secret Santa recipients to pass along. I never knew him personally but that connection makes me all the more saddened by this. Rest well sir.

RE: We lost Windowguy - AHill - 12-27-2016

RIP, Steve. You will be missed.

RE: We lost Windowguy - Skip J. - 12-27-2016

Thanks Jim for letting us know;
Like all that has been said here, he was a good friend to me and I hope that he felt the same. Many years ago I lost my way here, and he kept me afloat, along with young RyanC. I now wish that I had saved those Pm's.

I too will make some shavings in his honor...........Steve will be missed!

RE: We lost Windowguy - Rob Young - 12-28-2016

RIP Steve. He is a good egg (not "was" because his contribution is alive in forum posts).

RE: We lost Windowguy - captjack - 12-28-2016

RIP Steve,  Thanks for the times we had together in Atlanta, you will be missed. My condolences to his family also.

Captjack

RE: We lost Windowguy - GeorgeV - 01-02-2017

I am truly sorry to hear this.

Steve helped me get involved with hollows and rounds and Japanese sharpening stones.
I will think of him often as I use my H&Rs and sharpen my tools.

He made many contributions to this forum and he will be truly missed.

RE: We lost Windowguy - Admiral - 01-02-2017

Obit:

Obituary for Steven A. Massie

Steven A. Massie, 68 of Saint Cloud, FL passed away on December 18, 2016. He was born on May 19, 1948 to Zack and Lorraine (Hayes) Massie in Louisville, Kentucky. Steven was of the Catholic Faith and a project manager in the Architectural Products industry and he enjoyed his retirement years as a crossing guard for the St. Cloud Police Department. He served in the United States Army. One of his real passions was woodworking, along with boating, fishing, biking, cooking, reading and most important of all spending time with his family. Steven is survived by his loving family; wife, Deborah Massie, daughter, Kelli A. (Brian) Gensler; son, Steve A. (Brittany) Massie all of St. Cloud, FL, two sisters, Michelle (Fred) Ford, Sandy (Bob) Van Arnam; brother, Scott (SuzanneLutrell) Massie; grandson, Brian Gensler, Jr. of Saint Cloud, FL and granddaughter, Emma Gensler. The family will receive friends on Wednesday December 28, 2016 from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM with a funeral service at 7:00 PM with Rev. Kent Walker of St., Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church officiating. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made ion his name to the American Cancer Society 507 N. New York Avenue suite #100, Winter Park, FL 32789. Arrangements under the care of Osceola Memory Gardens Cemetery, Funeral Home and Crematory, 2000 13th Street, Saint Cloud, FL 34769. 407.957.2511. www.osceolamemgds.com.

You can leave condolences here at the Tribute Wall:

http://www.osceolamemgds.com/obituaries/Steven-Massie/#!/Obituary

RIP after your struggles, my friend.

RE: We lost Windowguy - Timberwolf - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 01:23 PM)Admiral Wrote: Obit:

Obituary for Steven A. Massie

Steven A. Massie, 68 of Saint Cloud, FL passed away on December 18, 2016. He was born on May 19, 1948 to Zack and Lorraine (Hayes) Massie in Louisville, Kentucky. Steven was of the Catholic Faith and a project manager in the Architectural Products industry and he enjoyed his retirement years as a crossing guard for the St. Cloud Police Department. He served in the United States Army. One of his real passions was woodworking, along with boating, fishing, biking, cooking, reading and most important of all spending time with his family. Steven is survived by his loving family; wife, Deborah Massie, daughter, Kelli A. (Brian) Gensler; son, Steve A. (Brittany) Massie all of St. Cloud, FL, two sisters, Michelle (Fred) Ford, Sandy (Bob) Van Arnam; brother, Scott (SuzanneLutrell) Massie; grandson, Brian Gensler, Jr. of Saint Cloud, FL and granddaughter, Emma Gensler. The family will receive friends on Wednesday December 28, 2016 from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM with a funeral service at 7:00 PM with Rev. Kent Walker of St., Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church officiating. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made ion his name to the American Cancer Society 507 N. New York Avenue suite #100, Winter Park, FL 32789. Arrangements under the care of Osceola Memory Gardens Cemetery, Funeral Home and Crematory, 2000 13th Street, Saint Cloud, FL 34769. 407.957.2511. www.osceolamemgds.com.

You can leave condolences here at the Tribute Wall:

http://www.osceolamemgds.com/obituaries/Steven-Massie/#!/Obituary

RIP after your struggles, my friend.
Thank you for posting this, Admiral....