Woodnet Forums
A few of this years ornaments - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A few of this years ornaments (/showthread.php?tid=7326471)

A few of this years ornaments - bobs64ford352 - 12-26-2016

[Image: 15731978_10209701028617482_8713059860546...e=58EE8C95]

I finally got around to using the banksia nuts my wife gave me a couple Christmases ago.  I mixed in a little olivewood, maple and blackwood.  I'm really happy with the one on the right, because I finally got it to click dealing with the wood when it gets really thin.  The one that is second to the right was supposed to be a couple sections longer, but I was lucky enough to be able to finish the bottom after it broke.  I was really surprised how much everyone like the snowman and it sounds like I will have to make a few next year.

Thanks for looking, Bob

RE: A few of this years ornaments - Woodshop - 12-26-2016

very very nice
Cool
Yes

RE: A few of this years ornaments - AHill - 12-26-2016

Nicely done!  Only thing I'd change is I'd go lighter on the finials.  On some of your ornaments, the finials kind of overwhelm the ornament.  I like the snowman with the top hat.

RE: A few of this years ornaments - Arlin Eastman - 12-26-2016

You did a very good job Bob I like them a lot.
Yes

RE: A few of this years ornaments - bobs64ford352 - 12-26-2016

I agree, the first ones I tried are the chunkier ones and I wasn't too brave yet or they broke like that one I mentioned, so I had to do with it what I could.  I'm still having a hard time going small though, I'm a bit heavy handed and don't sharpen as much as I should.  One of these days I will set myself a dedicated sharpening station to make it more convenient to keep up on it better.  The other thing is that I was resizing the photo with the WN picture adder and I don't think I got the proportions right, which may be making them look a little thicker.

Thanks for the comments all, Bob