Woodnet Forums
A little USA innnovation - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A little USA innnovation (/showthread.php?tid=7327209)

A little USA innnovation - Curlycherry - 01-23-2017

It is nice to see US companies change the basis of competition with new products. (this is a product I work on).

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2017/01/18/far-better-abrasives

RE: A little USA innnovation - rlnguy - 01-23-2017

Little brother just gave me a couple samples of these grinding and cutting wheels-only tried the cutting wheel-wow, no comparison to others I've used.

RE: A little USA innnovation - jteneyck - 01-23-2017

You work for 3M?  They were our largest and generally toughest competitor back in my corporate life.  I didn't work on abrasives - which was probably too bad because we were working on another application for a sol gel product and left some solution in a pan overnight.  The next day it had dried out and cracked into all these sharp grains.  We never thought about using it for abrasives.  A few years later I came across a 3M patent for an abrasive grain made by much the same process.  

John

RE: A little USA innnovation - Curlycherry - 01-23-2017

I can't tell you if that is what we use or not because I would have to kill you.  
Laugh 

You missed a gigantic market by >.< much.  
Wink

RE: A little USA innnovation - jteneyck - 01-23-2017

(01-23-2017, 05:21 PM)Curlycherry Wrote: I can't tell you if that is what we use or not because I would have to kill you.  
Laugh 

You missed a gigantic market by >.< much.  
Wink

I know - on both counts.  

John

RE: A little USA innnovation - Bob10 - 01-24-2017

I have to get some of those

RE: A little USA innnovation - Snipe Hunter - 01-24-2017

I exclusively use 3M abrasives doing body work, including buffing and polishing compounds and buffing pads. My supplier is constantly trying to get me to use Norton and several other brands of abrasives, compounds and polishes. I'm convinced that I make more money and work faster and more efficiently using the 3M stuff. Same with clear coats. Go high-end or risk a poor looking job.

RE: A little USA innnovation - bennybmn - 01-24-2017

Wow...

RE: A little USA innnovation - Wild Turkey - 01-24-2017

Going shopping . . .
Wink

OK, MSC has them

RE: A little USA innnovation - EricU - 01-24-2017

you have a link to the MSC item?