Woodnet Forums
Flashlights? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Flashlights? (/showthread.php?tid=7327269)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Flashlights? - Cooler - 01-30-2017

I climbed the three volcanoes in Mexico in about 1980 or so.  Back then they were "extinct"; now they are active and cannot be climbed.  

I ordered a headlamp with nicad batteries which had to be sent ahead by UPS ground as they were not permitted on aircraft for fear of explosions. (Really.)

As I recall the lamp cost about $150.00.  And the spare battery was about $25.00.

According to he Consumer Price Index calculator that works out to be $436.91 in today's dollars for the lamp, and $72.82 for the extra battery.  And I abandoned the batteries in Mexico so I could fly back with the lamp.  I never did use it again though.

$29.00 for two lamps sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

P.S.: One of the climbers pee'd into the volcano when we reached the summit.  I'm pretty sure that is why they are not "extinct" anymore.

RE: Flashlights? - rudedan60 - 02-04-2017

i still have flashlights, but have started using my Milwaukee M12 & M18 LED lights more. The batteries stay charged and the different lights offer different kinds of light.  I like the lanterns because they have different light patterns. Milwaukee 2362-20 M12 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion Lantern/Flood LED Light and you can run your cell phone or tablet off it. They have some new ones now, that I may have to try. I just have to stop taking it out of the car or truck to use in the house.
Sarcasm Dan