Woodnet Forums
Anyone build a cyclone stand? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Anyone build a cyclone stand? (/showthread.php?tid=7327888)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyone build a cyclone stand? - mongo - 02-12-2017

Getting things setup in the house I moved into last year.  I have a Grizzly g0441 that I previously hung from the wall in the garage when I lived in Florida. Like almost all homes there it was concrete block.  Since I live in Georgia now the house is of course wood framed.  I would prefer this time around to put it in a stand.  I could buy the one from grizzly but there is no reason I cant make one myself.  Dont have a welder so I will be making it out of wood.   If anyone has done this I would love to see pics and hear opinions on what you have done.

I have an older version of this one.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0441?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com

Thanks

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - fredhargis - 02-13-2017

PM Cian, he built his out of strut and is one of the nicer ones I've seen.

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - RPE1 - 02-13-2017

I have a Penn State cyclone.  I think it is called a Tempest.  If you get the download the manual for it, they have plans for building your own stand.  I can send PM pictures if you want of mine.
It is a 3/4" back board that attaches against the wall.  Cantilevered shelves for the cyclone.  
I can send the plans for mine.  Just PM me and I'll see what I can find.
RP

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - TDKPE - 02-13-2017

[attachment=1316]

It's just an old table top with a hole cut in it, mounted on legs.  Plenty stable, and dirt cheap.  The motor is tucked in between floor joists.

As a bonus, I'll probably use it as the frame of a crate when I move, with the cyclone inside it, skinned with plywood.  
Laugh 

This was taken when I was first building the cyclone (connection to the bin underneath not yet done), and I've since added a switched receptacle so the on/off switch is on the table top skirt, for convenience.  The HF blower's on/off switch remains 'on' all the time, and being a known weak link, it's just as well.

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - Lynden - 02-13-2017

There are a couple of wooden stands on Google images. Also, some folks make their stands out of Unistrut, but a Unistrut stand may end up being more expensive than the Grizzly stand.

unistrut stand

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - EricU - 02-13-2017

I have used plenty of unistrut at work, so I didn't bother to think about it for my cyclone because of the $$$$$.  I have the start of a stand, which is some rusty angle iron I liberated from the metal scrap at work.  Kinda glad this thread started, I was thinking about the problem wrong.

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - Mr_Mike - 02-15-2017

My G0440 is on a unitstrut stand on wheels. Works well.

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - Cian - 02-22-2017

I made my own stand because:
1) I needed it to be a custom height to fit beneath the ceiling joists in my basement shop.
2) I wanted it mobile to easily slide in and out of the alcove where it would reside, to allow cleaning the filter easier.
3) Because I could.

[Image: IMG_1446.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1445.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1440.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1697.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1747.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1749.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1745.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1764.jpg]

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - mongo - 02-22-2017

Cian- where did you get the unistrut from?

RE: Anyone build a cyclone stand? - Cian - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 11:00 PM)mongo Wrote: Cian- where did you get the unistrut from?

You should be able to find it any Big Box.  IIRC, I bought everything locally between Menards and Home Depot.