Woodnet Forums
Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN (/showthread.php?tid=7328610)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - packerguy® - 03-09-2017

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I am thinking of selling mine. Not sure what I want. Anyone local looking for one? If so, whats your price?

I hate fooling around with selling stuff...so please only contact me if you're serious. 

I also have one of the metal cyclones the guy on ebay makes and sells. I paid $200+shipping years ago. Works well. Ran TONS of dust through it. Im sure its worth $50-100 to someone. Mounted to a steel trashcan. Its one of these guys......

[Image: d853_12.JPG]

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - packerguy® - 03-09-2017

here is how I had them set up 

[Image: IMAG0039_zps376c7f34.jpg]

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - woodworker2000 - 03-10-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:33 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I hate fooling around with selling stuff...so please only contact me if you're serious.

I can understand why.  You are "thinking" of selling yours, don't put a price on it, yet you only want people contacting you if they are "serious". 
Confused

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - packerguy® - 03-10-2017

Yup. 

You interested? Oh wait.......

I'm trying to give someone a deal....but you obviously missed that.

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - Stwood_ - 03-10-2017

I'm here for the popcorn.

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - packerguy® - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 08:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I'm here for the popcorn.

No need. 
Laugh

If a guy cant help someone out without taking heat from someone that just wants to hear themselves talk.....I dont know what to say. 

I didn't put a price, because really I don't know what its worth, and frankly for me, if someone contacted me and was in need and light on resources, id cut them a deal. I've given a number of tools away for nothing over the years just because it was the right thing to do. Ive made a ton using it, a couple hundred bucks isn't going to break me either way. 

Not sure what is happening here the past year or so......but it stinks.

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - woodworker2000 - 03-11-2017

(03-10-2017, 08:18 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I didn't put a price, because really I don't know what its worth, and frankly for me, if someone contacted me and was in need and light on resources, id cut them a deal.

If you don't know what its worth, how can you be certain you would be cutting someone a deal instead of ripping them off?  
Confused

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - gedderdone - 03-11-2017

The dust collector sells for $699 new and the cyclone sells for $200 new. All he's looking for is a descent offer.So what's with the attack?

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - Stwood_ - 03-11-2017

(03-10-2017, 08:18 PM)packerguy® Wrote: No need. 
Laugh

If a guy cant help someone out without taking heat from someone that just wants to hear themselves talk.....I dont know what to say. 

I didn't put a price, because really I don't know what its worth, and frankly for me, if someone contacted me and was in need and light on resources, id cut them a deal. I've given a number of tools away for nothing over the years just because it was the right thing to do. Ive made a ton using it, a couple hundred bucks isn't going to break me either way. 

Not sure what is happening here the past year or so......but it stinks.

Hey no problem. I do the same sometimes. Give em a good deal, or just give it away.

Hey it's too early now for popcorn. If ya run across some later, holler will ya?
Winkgrin

(03-11-2017, 10:03 AM)gedderdone Wrote: The dust collector sells for $699 new and the cyclone sells for $200 new. All he's looking for is a descent offer.So what's with the attack?

No attack from me. I was just hungry yesterday.
Big Grin

What I really want is his wood stash.
Uhoh

RE: Jet 1-1/2 HP Canister Dust Collector - Oakdale, MN - packerguy® - 03-11-2017

(03-11-2017, 04:03 AM)woodworker2000 Wrote: If you don't know what its worth, how can you be certain you would be cutting someone a deal instead of ripping them off?  
Confused

The worth is in the eye of a person with cash in hand. To me its worth nothing, I have no need for it.

I guess ill send you a message to clear it with you next time, even though your half way across the country....and harassing  me up here trying to allow someone to get a deal to them. You know if I put a price on it, some folks just wont answer if its over their range, this allows that guy with little $$$ to get something he might not afford because I am a nice guy and like to pass things on.

You want it? If not, why are you here humping my leg?

Lucky for you, one person understands what I was implying....and has contacted me.
Rolleyes