Woodnet Forums
Another Bath Cabinet - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Another Bath Cabinet (/showthread.php?tid=7328844)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - jteneyck - 03-20-2017

Here are a couple of sketches to explain how the scribing works. You scribe with the stile like this:

[Image: NawJB-ataE5PZ4SQCAnJctJFrUDH4dTtp7ivXIGE...62-h591-no]

You set the compass to whatever the distance is from the inside edge of the cabinet to the biscuit slot.  In this case it's 17/32" but it could be any value. 

And here's what it looks like after you cut to the scribed line.

[Image: MgWFd3M3hv46nDnf8LYm3ZloTBphoGQXRGxCduFp...62-h591-no]

This works with any width face frame.  Mine fit flush to the cabinet side so I could use frameless cabinet hinges, but it will work just as well with conventional face frames that overlap the cabinet side.

John

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Ken Vick - 03-20-2017

John, the second pic doesn't work for me.  Just get an emblem, no pic.  Ken

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - jteneyck - 03-20-2017

Hopefully, it's fixed now. 

John

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Stwood_ - 03-20-2017

Yep. It was there earlier, then evaporated.

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Steve N - 03-21-2017

Nice job John. I wish I had a bathroom with enough room to put something that scale into. Lot's of storage.

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - jteneyck - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 04:39 PM)Steve N Wrote: Nice job John. I wish I had a bathroom with enough room to put something that scale into. Lot's of storage.

Steve, this bathroom is only 5 feet x 10 ft, with a 1 ft deep bump out that I made for this cabinet when I did the major remodel 20 years ago.  It's hard to imagine a much smaller "master bath".  Where there's a will, there's a way. 

Today my wife stuffed the new cabinet just as full as the last one.  She complained one of the lower drawers wouldn't close completely.  I went and looked and, sure enough, she had something sticking up underneath it from below.  I should have put a dust shield under those bottom drawers.  Oh well, at least it's better organized.  Of course, I have one drawer and use a few towels.  The rest is hers.  She calls that fair. 

John

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Steve N - 03-22-2017

I fully understand that division of space, sounds to me like yours is more gracious than mine.
Big Grin

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Mr Eddie - 03-22-2017

"Of course, I have one drawer and use a few towels."

You mean you get a whole drawer!  That's not fair.  I'm showing this to my wife.

Seriously, I was just commenting to my wife that if could just have one shelf in the cabinet over the toilet . . . . . Not gonna happen.  I swear I don't know where all the '....' comes from.  I know it's not me bringing it in.

Lonnie

RE: Another Bath Cabinet - Stwood_ - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 06:10 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I swear I don't know where all the '....' comes from.  I know it's not me bringing it in.

Lonnie

Comes from the terloit, up into the terloit topper.
Winkgrin