Woodnet Forums
Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type (/showthread.php?tid=7329126)

Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - Highdesertww - 03-30-2017

Smile

Is there any major difference between the wire type hose clamps as opposed to the flat type hose clamps, to connect DC hose to blast gates, that is? 

Would the flat type crush the wire inside the hose to cause problem? 

Or would the wire-type hose clamps exert too much pressure on the thin part of the hose? 

Thanks

RE: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - fredhargis - 03-31-2017

The wire type is all I'll use (if possible), they seem to seal better when you have the flex with the wire coil, the clamps will fit between those wires and just seem to me to work better. The drop hose from my DC is 9", I haven't found a wire clamp that size so I use a flat band type.

RE: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - measure once cut remeasure - 03-31-2017

The flat style clamps have sharper edges that can cut the vinyl flex hose.

RE: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - Steve N - 03-31-2017

On 4" hose I use these and find the friction fit is all I need. I direct connect the DC to the tool. I tun the DC on, and the dust/chips go away from the tool, into the bag is all I know. Don't see a need to make it more complex, or expensive than that.

[Image: zoom.jpg?c=1480835928]

[Image: zoom.jpg?c=1480835930]

RE: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - gMike - 03-31-2017

I've used both and find the wire clamps to provide a much more solid connection.  The flat clamps don't clamp evenly across tubing that has a wire structure where the wire clamps do.  I've changed all my flat clamps over to the wire style and have had no problems at all.

RE: Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type - Admiral - 03-31-2017

Wire.