Woodnet Forums
Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) (/showthread.php?tid=7329551)

Pages: 1 2

Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - esanford - 04-17-2017

****Change Notice**** I set a date to have a sale, but I'm getting requests to buy things before then. I will still have the open house sale on May 6, but I will accept offers ahead of time.....first come, first served.

Hi all, it has been years since I've been around here! Still see a lot of familiar names! 

A bit of good news/bad news.....I am moving to Spain - that's the good news 
Yes ; but I can't take my shop with me - that's the bad news for me, the good news, maybe, for you! 

This move means that I am selling literally everything that I've accumulated over the years. It will be hard to see them go, but I hope they end up with good homes.  I am still working on pricing, especially for the hand tools and the miscellaneous odds and ends, but I have a few prices in mind at least for the bigger items. 

Hand tools include a couple of Diston saws, a LN dovetail saw, some Japanese saws, Starrett squares, chisels (Japanese bench and DT), Sorby (light duty mortise, bench, and paring), and various files, a brace and bits, several Ulmia (block, adjustable smoother and the "big bertha"), LN (miter, router, scraper), and Stanley planes (3-7, a 4W, blocks) and spoke shaves, marking gauges, and so on.

I have wood; some low grade cherry, sapele, lots of beech, including 8/4 for the bench top I never got around to building, some small remnants of figured cherry and maple, and a little nice, figured veneer. 

My work bench is for sale, too; be forewarned, it is HEAVY, but really solid! I've got some drawer slides, various Jorgy and Bessey clamps, bar clamps, router bits, miscellaneous hardware, finishing stuff, you know, all the usual stuff. I also have a large number of books (Taunton and others), along with several years worth of Fine Woodworking mags. 

Below are a few photos that show major tools, my hand tools that are in the cabinet, etc. 

I am planning to have a "shop sale" on Saturday, May 6. Shop will open at 8 am. We have alleys in Plano, so you'll need to park in front and come around to the back. Sorry, no shipping. I don't have the time or the interest! (No Fish allowed!!) 
No

Pricing:

Delta Unisaw, 52" Biesemeyer fence, mobile base, inserts, cross-cut, rip, combo and laminate blades, tenon jig, original miter, an Incra 1000 miter, and custom cross cut and 45 sleds. $1600

Grizzly 8" x 75# Jointer with replacement spiral cutters, mobile base $650 SOLD/Pending

DeWalt 12# Portable planer (the rolling base with extending wings is free, if you want it). $100 SOLD

Rigid Shop Vac $25

"Norm's" router table with a Freud 2000 router mounted, plus a new (never installed) Woodpeckers top-adjustable insert drilled for the Freud along with a template  $150 SOLD/Pending

DeWalt fixed/plunge router combo with guide $60 SOLD/Pending

Ryobi Fixed base router $25

Rigid portable belt/spindle sander $45 SOLD/Pending

Performax 16-32 belt sander with mobile base $400 SOLD/Pending

Delta 8" Grinder $70

MiniMax S45 Band Saw with new mobile base $850 SOLD/Pending

Delta 50-850 1.5hp dust collector $125

Ryobi 10" benchtop Drill Press $25

Porter Cable Compressor with Finish Nailer (std) plus a brad nailer $90

Ryobi biscuit cutter and biscuits (if anyone still uses these!!!) $25

Leigh 24" DoveTail jib with 15 pc bit set $125

Festool T-55 Track Saw, with case $175 SOLD/Pending

Festool Domino cutter and dominos, with cases $400 SOLD

Tormek wet sharpener and various guides $100 SOLD/Pending

Vacuum press pump, two bags and platens, if you want them $150

Delta scroll saw $70

Porter cable DT jig $30

Small (Ikea) drafting table with stool $40 

JDS Air-Tech 2000 circulating air filter unit $100 SOLD/Pending

220v ceiling mount radiant heater (no fan) with bracket and thermostat. $150

[Image: IMG_0259.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0258.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0260.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0261.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0262.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0263.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0264.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0266.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0267.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0268.jpg]

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - waynesonfire - 04-17-2017

New woodworker looking to build out my collection, any chance that you'd ship out some of your handtools? I'd be interested in quite a few.

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - Strokes77 - 04-17-2017

Exciting move, sorry your shop can't go with you.

I am interested in many of your tools.  Can you PM me?  If you're interested I can come over tonight with cash in hand.

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - WaterlooMarc - 04-17-2017

Those are some fire sale prices if I've ever seen any! Thank god I'm not closer!

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - kb10103 - 04-17-2017

Good luck!

If I even lived within a few hundred miles I would be all over a lot of those hand tools and clamps. The festool stuff as well as the drum sander. Oh and probably the bandsaw too. Wish you were shipping but I understand, again good luck!

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - Martin S. - 04-17-2017

Under the new software, you have to turn on your "private messages".

Is the hand tool wall cabinet for sale? If so, how much?

Remember, I asked first!

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - esanford - 04-17-2017

Yes, the cabinet is for sale, too. Honestly, I have no idea of a reasonable price for it.

RE: Entire shop for sale (DFW - Plano) - chips ahoy - 04-17-2017

(e) you retiring there or is this work related?

Mel

Hey Mel!  I actually retired from my real career back in 2014...well, actually I was caught up in a reduction, then decided to make it permanent!  
Smile  we're making the move for a number of reasons, cost of living/medical care, ability to travel in Europe, the adventure.

Oh, and while I have photos posted, if anyone wants individual photos or close ups, let me know and I will try to get something uploaded.