Woodnet Forums
Fast jigsaaw table build - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Fast jigsaaw table build (/showthread.php?tid=7332217)

Fast jigsaaw table build - VikingCarpenter - 08-03-2017

This is how to make fast jigsaw table, All you need is unused table and some peaces of scrap wood.

RE: Fast jigsaaw table build - sweensdv2 - 08-03-2017

Not sure I fully understand the purpose of that top cross piece. Seems a little unnecessary to me and has the potential of being unsafe by hiding the blade like that. Click on that link at the end...........I don't think so.

RE: Fast jigsaaw table build - VikingCarpenter - 08-03-2017

That piece holds blade stright 90 degrees

RE: Fast jigsaaw table build - Phil Thien - 08-03-2017

Yeah that top piece is clever because it provides a guide that keeps the end of the blade from wandering.

I agree it conceals the blade a bit, but the 20-minute version of this table might include a slightly fancier top guide that gives you a little better view.

He is using a super-inexpensive saw, too. Better ones allow you to control not only the speed but the stroke. A slightly better jigsaw in that table would make a very handy tool for a weekend warrior.

RE: Fast jigsaaw table build - VikingCarpenter - 08-03-2017

And if one used bearings where blade moves, the wood would not damage too. I made this  video to show super cheap and fast way to make this tool (if needed on jobsite)   Have fun!

RE: Fast jigsaaw table build - Steve N - 08-03-2017

Is there a belief here that mounted under the table that saw is more accurate then hand held? It certainly will never be able to cut the tight radius of a scroller.

Swap that jigsaw out with a circular saw and you have what we used to call the "hillbilly TS" A lot of the we don't need no steenking guard, and to heck with a rip fence, I'll jesss hold it realll still guys thought them to be right smart
No
No
No