Woodnet Forums
Aftermarket banjo - G0766 OEM? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Aftermarket banjo - G0766 OEM? (/showthread.php?tid=7333241)

Aftermarket banjo - G0766 OEM? - MKepke - 09-13-2017

I need to replace (upgrade) the banjo on my Delta HD.  I added riser blocks to the lathe taking it to ~20" and have been limping along with a Rube Goldberg assortment of adapters in the factory 12" banjo.

Has anyone bought the Grizzly G0766 lathe to use as a replacement banjo?  Are there recommended choices around the $150 mark whether Grizzly or otherwise (a Oneway would be lovely, but I'm not spending $300+)

Looks like you need to order it as a bunch of individual parts and assemble it at home using hardware store nuts and bolts.

Thanks,
-Mark

RE: Aftermarket banjo - G0766 OEM? - Arlin Eastman - 09-14-2017

(09-13-2017, 11:13 PM)Justatemp Wrote: I need to replace (upgrade) the banjo on my Delta HD.  I added riser blocks to the lathe taking it to ~20" and have been limping along with a Rube Goldberg assortment of adapters in the factory 12" banjo.

Has anyone bought the Grizzly G0766 lathe to use as a replacement banjo?  Are there recommended choices around the $150 mark whether Grizzly or otherwise (a Oneway would be lovely, but I'm not spending $300+)

Looks like you need to order it as a bunch of individual parts and assemble it at home using hardware store nuts and bolts.

Thanks,
-Mark

Mark

I have not seen anyone use that particular one used before.  I know others have found others and put blocks under ones that were short.  I have seen some use Oneway banjos also.