Woodnet Forums
Stranded Cable in Home Wiring - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Stranded Cable in Home Wiring (/showthread.php?tid=7334905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Stranded Cable in Home Wiring - Woodenfish - 11-22-2017

Not a product I would consider using personally because in my experience pulling wire is not as difficult as it sounds. I would be more cautious on my wiring connections using stranded. I’ve seen some professional electricians create their own problems due to poor workmanship on connections.

RE: Stranded Cable in Home Wiring - Bob10 - 11-22-2017

(11-22-2017, 01:01 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: Not a product I would consider using personally because in my experience pulling wire is not as difficult as it sounds. I would be more cautious on my wiring connections using stranded. I’ve seen some professional electricians create their own problems due to poor workmanship on connections.

The way I make connections is cut the insulation about an inch down from the end pull it to expose enough copper to make contact to the screw.  The insulation keeps the wire from unraveling during tightening.  Taping the fixture keeps the insulation from coming off.  I agree pulling in EMT isn't that difficult but in flex I found it can be

Edit to add I try to buy the fixtures that seem like push in yet have a clamping feature with a screw so no worries about weakening springs