Woodnet Forums
Lee Valley Shipping - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Lee Valley Shipping (/showthread.php?tid=7335151)

Pages: 1 2

Lee Valley Shipping - southgalawyer - 11-29-2017

Anyone know the typical schedule for L.V. free shipping promotions?  Specifically....will there be another one before Christmas?
Thanks.

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Steve N - 11-29-2017

Send a PM to Rob Lee he probably knows the details.
Big Grin

I was wondering if it was this time of year where they had the "gift cards" I haven't been in hand tools much lately, those Neanderthals know all the LV promotions
Laugh
Laugh If you don't get any hits here, double post there. If you haven't already.

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - chips ahoy - 11-29-2017

I checked today and there will be one coming up soon.

Mel

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Phil S. - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 06:11 PM)Steve N Wrote: Send a PM to Rob Lee he probably knows the details.  
Big Grin

I was wondering if it was this time of year where they had the "gift cards" I haven't been in hand tools much lately, those Neanderthals know all the LV promotions
Laugh  
Laugh If you don't get any hits here, double post there. If you haven't already.

Steve-

If you were looking for gift cards you might have just missed the boat.  They had them on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday/whatever day it was sale at about a 25% discount.

Phil

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - toolmiser - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 07:31 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Steve-

If you were looking for gift cards you might have just missed the boat.  They had them on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday/whatever day it was sale at about a 25% discount.

Phil

Not to start an argument, but I purchased a gift card Monday.  A $250.00 card for $219.00.  Not quite 25% discount,  I am not complaining, but you didn't miss as much as you think.

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - cpolubin - 11-30-2017

They'll start free shipping right after my next order is delivered. I swear that there has to be a Lee Valley employee whose sole duty is to watch for when I place an order so they can start a new round of free shipping.

Cliff

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Steve N - 11-30-2017

I think the last card I bought was for 1K got it for 750 IIRC. I think back then it got bigger % as the value grew. Well maybe that is for the best, I spend too much on toys I hardly get to use until I retire. LOML is telling me that is when I'm 105...........

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Admiral - 11-30-2017

(11-30-2017, 10:33 AM)cpolubin Wrote: They'll start free shipping right after my next order is delivered. I swear that there has to be a Lee Valley employee whose sole duty is to watch for when I place an order so they can start a new round of free shipping.

Cliff

I chalk it up to “Big Data.”  I’ve always thought that timing of free shipping was triggered off of data from contents of carts and wish lists, then it’s just like harvesting orders as a significant percentage of buyers will use it as an excuse to pull the trigger, especially with “want” as opposed to “need” purchases. From a business perspective, once you start with free shipping promotions, it’s hard to stop doing it, as it does produce increased revenue, but competitors can force you into it.

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Phil S. - 11-30-2017

Ya - I think it was a $1000 card for $750 that I had in mind, as much as that is worth these days.

RE: Lee Valley Shipping - Handplanesandmore - 12-03-2017

Everyone is wrong here about the next free shipping promo. Even Rob himself does not know when it will be on.

It will come when the top secret LVT Purchase Later/Wish List monitoring program (it is mainframe based by the way) tells them so!

I know because every time my Lists grow to the point where I just have money for them, I receive my free shipping email notice!

Simon