Woodnet Forums
Plane care and refurbishing. - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Plane care and refurbishing. (/showthread.php?tid=7335321)

Plane care and refurbishing. - Rick Barton - 12-05-2017

I decided the other day I needed to pull out my user planes and give them an inspection and a good oiling. A few needed some light polishing as surface rust was trying to form from finger prints. I try to remember to rub an oily rag over them before putting them up but sometimes I forget.

Anyway I guess I enjoyed that so much I decided to rehab a few rough planes I've had squirreled away for a while.

[Image: hand_planes_and_new_vise_004.jpg]

[Image: hand_planes_and_new_vise_007.jpg]

[Image: hand_planes_and_new_vise_002.jpg]

[Image: hand_planes_and_new_vise_009.jpg]

Well that's what I've gotten done this past week. I still have about a dozen needing one level of attention or another.
Crazy

Thanks for looking.

RE: Plane care and refurbishing. - Skip J. - 12-05-2017

Excellent work Rick!

Gotta love those red frog Miller's Falls...... Mine are Craftsman.... but they are the same planes....

RE: Plane care and refurbishing. - JimReed@Tallahassee - 12-05-2017

Good work. I'll send you a few boxfuls if you get bored.

RE: Plane care and refurbishing. - Rick Barton - 12-05-2017

Yeah Skip I like me some Millers Fall's. They're really good tools and a bit different than all the Stanley's we see.
Smile

RE: Plane care and refurbishing. - Rick Barton - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 05:15 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: Good work. I'll send you a few boxfuls if you get bored.

Oh, I dunno, Jim. My old hands are starting to complain as it is.
No
Big Grin

RE: Plane care and refurbishing. - JimReed@Tallahassee - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 06:43 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Oh, I dunno, Jim. My old hands are starting to complain as it is.
No
Big Grin

I know the feeling. Anytime I get too vigorous in the shop my friend "Arthur" comes for a visit. I do not really care for him or any of the "Itis" clan anyway.