Woodnet Forums
Sketchup Cutlist help? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sketchup Cutlist help? (/showthread.php?tid=7336534)

Sketchup Cutlist help? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-17-2018

I just installed Cutlist onto Sketchup.  I'm trying to lay out a cutlist on plywood, as that's what I'll be building a cabinet out of.

On the layout tab, I've selected Sheets and 5' x 5' (that's my BB provider's size).

I then hit "Run".

Up comes an error message stating that not all pieces fit, so they've been left out.  The cutlist given reflects dimensions on the Boards layout tab, which I'm not using.

Any advice?

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - DaveR1 - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 09:06 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I just installed Cutlist onto Sketchup.  I'm trying to lay out a cutlist on plywood, as that's what I'll be building a cabinet out of.

On the layout tab, I've selected Sheets and 5' x 5' (that's my BB provider's size).

I then hit "Run".

Up comes an error message stating that not all pieces fit, so they've been left out.  The cutlist given reflects dimensions on the Boards layout tab, which I'm not using.

Any advice?

I sent you a PM.

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-17-2018

Problem fixed. Thanks, Dave!

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - jteneyck - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 09:55 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Problem fixed.  Thanks, Dave!

I assume Dave told you that you have to identify the components with the term "ply, plywood, mdf, etc. for Cutlist to recognize them as a sheet good, yes?  Some folks might appreciate knowing the double secret handshake.  

John

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - DaveR1 - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 09:59 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I assume Dave told you that you have to identify the components with the term "ply, plywood, mdf, etc. for Cutlist to recognize them as a sheet good, yes?  Some folks might appreciate knowing the double secret handshake.  

John

That was the main thing John.

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - mr_skittle - 01-18-2018

We've been struggling with the same exact problem. You've got the answer but the part that still gave me a little trouble was that I was already done with the drawing and needed to rename everything. I first renamed them in the wrong spot because upon trying to run cutlist, I had the same problem. What I finally did was open the 'default tray' under the windows menu in sketchup. There should be a tap labeled 'components' where you can edit the names.

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-18-2018

Sorry about that, John! Yes, that was basically my problem-- not naming the components "ply" and including that in the query window. I was also using groups instead of components, which further hindered me.

RE: Sketchup Cutlist help? - DaveR1 - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 10:04 AM)mr_skittle Wrote: We've been struggling with the same exact problem. You've got the answer but the part that still gave me a little trouble was that I was already done with the drawing and needed to rename everything. I first renamed them in the wrong spot because upon trying to run cutlist, I had the same problem. What I finally did was open the 'default tray' under the windows menu in sketchup. There should be a tap labeled 'components' where you can edit the names.

A good example of where it pays to plan ahead.
Wink

Quote:There should be a tap labeled 'components' where you can edit the names.

Yes, you can edit the component names in the Components edit tab or maybe easier, select the unnamed/improperly named ones in Outliner and edit the names in Entity Info. Outliner makes it easier to see which ones need attention and you aren't about to drag a new instance of the component into the model space.