Woodnet Forums
Shop Storage Upgrade - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Shop Storage Upgrade (/showthread.php?tid=7336537)

Pages: 1 2

Shop Storage Upgrade - Big Dave - 01-18-2018

Hi, Guys

Back when I built the shop, I knew I would eventually have to improve the storage a bit. The "East" and Miter benches have drawers that can hold a lot of stuff, just not very efficiently - or at least not very efficiently as I slowly acquired more stuff...
Smirk 

So, the last couple days I've been adding more drawers.
Winkgrin 

A couple "before" pics:

[Image: 4HZUNHm.jpg]

[Image: Yxlim8M.jpg]

[Image: 7dB4cJe.jpg]

And a few "after":

[Image: fCsp2YQ.jpg]

[Image: SjkaGnH.jpg]

[Image: RESYKdG.jpg]

[Image: IkY0bjq.jpg]

[Image: qSqSdwo.jpg]

[Image: qdSF53F.jpg]

[Image: ktuLjWl.jpg]

I did it this way to maintain the look of the drawer fronts, plus it was easier that cutting up the fronts to make two separate ones. It really has added quite of more user-friendly storage. I'll be getting a few plastic storage trays to help keep things even more organized, but I had to start here....

Thanks for looking!
Smile 

As always, comments & questions are always welcome...
Dave

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - fredhargis - 01-18-2018

Not much to say, great idea! (Really great RAS, as well.)

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - Terry W - 01-18-2018

Looks great. Well done with good clean lines. I know you're going to enjoy the added storage.

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - GlenS - 01-18-2018

Great use of those larger drawers!!

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - Splinter Puller - 01-18-2018

I had to smile when I first saw your miter station way back.  Those big drawers!.  I had large drawers in a few of my earlier shop fixtures and soon learned how poor they are for storing most tools.   I've been retrofitting them into smaller "toolbox like" drawers for years... just like you are doing. 
Yes

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - stav - 01-18-2018

We have a lot of those bigger drawers in our kitchen and they can be a challenge to make efficient use of the space.  I really like what you did with yours.

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - 2beast - 01-18-2018

Nice job Dave 
Yes

Once again, you are making the rest of us look bad 
Mad

Laugh
Laugh

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - Stwood_ - 01-18-2018

Nice idea on the inner drawers.

Good job!

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - Big Dave - 01-18-2018

Thanks, guys!

Splinter - Yeah, I knew it then, too, but I liked the look of the bigger drawers. I also didn't know exactly what I needed. Over time, things kinda find their own place. It just took me a little longer to get around to making the upgrade... 
Smile 

2Beast - Some of you guys don't need my help...
Winkgrin

Dave

RE: Shop Storage Upgrade - Stanley McMahan - 01-18-2018

Awesome idea on the drawers. Also made me realize when building shop cabinets, I don’t have make all the drawers at once. Can make and add them as I need them. 

I like the pine look too!

Thanks for sharing!