Woodnet Forums
Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... (/showthread.php?tid=7336886)

Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Mike77 - 01-29-2018

Had a guy who worked with us, recently assume a prone position and cool to room temperature. I picked up a bunch of his shifts and got a bunch of overtime. So I took my found fun money to the Lee Valley web site. I wanted a router plane, combination plane and skew rabbit. All out of stock. Must have been a good Christmas season. I did order a tenon and carcass saw.

To be fair, the competition had to backorder my bronze #4.

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Admiral - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 08:09 PM)Mike77 Wrote: Had a guy who worked with us, recently assume a prone position and cool to room temperature. I picked up a bunch of his shifts and got a bunch of overtime. So I took my found fun money to the Lee Valley web site. I wanted a router plane, combination plane and skew rabbit. All out of stock. Must have been a good Christmas season. I did order a tenon and carcass saw.

To be fair, the competition had to backorder my bronze #4.

Actually, I have to like this, it means business is good, and I like the idea of having both a LV and LN around, both great companies and both get to pick my pocket occasionally, actually more often than might be best for my "tool and wood fund."

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Strokes77 - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 09:24 PM)Admiral Wrote: Actually, I have to like this, it means business is good, and I like the idea of having both a LV and LN around, both great companies and both get to pick my pocket occasionally, actually more often than might be best for my "tool and wood fund."

We have a duty to help keep LV and LN in business.  A very important duty.

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Admiral - 01-30-2018

(01-29-2018, 09:48 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: We have a duty to help keep LV and LN in business.  A very important duty.

Yeah, but limited to the extent of my tool and wood fund!!!
Laugh

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - BrokenOlMarine - 01-30-2018

I have certainly done my part. 
Laugh

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Rob Lee - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 08:29 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I have certainly done my part. 
Laugh

And we sincerely thank all of you....!

Working as hard as we can!

Cheers -

Rob

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - MarkSingleton - 01-30-2018

I love this place.

: )

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Mike77 - 01-30-2018

I guess I better order anyway and get my name in the que. On a brighter note, they shipped my #4

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Mike77 - 02-01-2018

Yay! Lee Valley got some router planes in, I grabbed one and it shipped. Now, if I can just get a skew rabbit and a plow plane we're set. Okay, not "set", I'm eyeing a shooting plane.

RE: Lee Valley's shelves are bare... - Dan in Louisiana - 02-04-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:30 PM)Mike77 Wrote: Yay! Lee Valley got some router planes in, I grabbed one and it shipped. Now, if I can just get a skew rabbit and a plow plane we're set. Okay, not "set", I'm eyeing a shooting plane.

I have done my part this year buying a few things here and there.  My biggest purchase this year was the new combination plane.  I saw it, I wanted it, and I waited until my tool fund grew enough to afford it, then I pulled the trigger.  Waiting for warmer weather here in the South so that I can start playing with it.
Regards,