Woodnet Forums
WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD (/showthread.php?tid=7337265)

Pages: 1 2

WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - agerlach - 02-10-2018

Looking for a copy of Mike Siemsen's "The Naked Woodworker" DVD. I have been hesitating posting this b/c I'm afraid of what kind of replies I might get!
Uhoh

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - elinourrumming - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 05:12 PM)agerlach Wrote: Looking for a copy of Mike Siemsen's "The Naked Woodworker" DVD. I have been hesitating posting this b/c I'm afraid of what kind of replies I might get!
Uhoh

There are no DVDs left in stock, but you can purchase it for streaming/download here:
https://lostartpress.com/collections/dvds/products/the-naked-woodworker

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Phil S. - 02-10-2018

Well, that's bad news.  Any chance LAP will run off another batch of DVDs, Megan?  I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

Phil

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - agerlach - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 08:30 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

This is exactly how I feel. If I cannot find a used DVD, I will end up buying the download. But, I figured that somebody has a dusty copy somewhere that could be put to good use.

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Rob Young - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 08:30 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Well, that's bad news.  Any chance LAP will run off another batch of DVDs, Megan?  I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

Phil

Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - sniper - 02-11-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.

That's what I was thinking, or copy it to a flash drive.

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - agerlach - 02-11-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.

Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

I know that I'm in the minority, but for me, getting a DVD in the mail is so much easier!

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Rob Young - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 07:25 PM)agerlach Wrote: Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

I know that I'm in the minority, but for me, getting a DVD in the mail is so much easier!

Internet at the public library?

Friend or relative with better connection to make the download and burn the MP4 for you?

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Phil S. - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 07:25 PM)agerlach Wrote: Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

Yup - I know what you mean.  My internet connection roars along at 320 kps.  Sometimes I think smoke signals would be faster.

Phil

RE: WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD - Alan S - 02-12-2018

This title deserves being made into more DVDs.  It's not like reprinting a book. That they sold out seems to be pretty good evidence that this form sells.