Woodnet Forums
TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks (/showthread.php?tid=7337435)

TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - MidwestMan - 02-16-2018

I'm kicking off a thread, that I'm hoping everyone can contribute something to.

Any tip or trick you utilize, go ahead and tell us about it here. Perhaps we can nudge each other in a different direction, to accomplish something we need, or didn't know we needed.

I'll start, with a 10 min video I made, showing how I went about making sanding disc holders/pads and how I organize the sanding equipment, for lathe work.

Sanding solution

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - peter-m - 02-17-2018

(02-16-2018, 11:39 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: I'm kicking off a thread, that I'm hoping everyone can contribute something to.

Any tip or trick you utilize, go ahead and tell us about it here. Perhaps we can nudge each other in a different direction, to accomplish something we need, or didn't know we needed.

I'll start, with a 10 min video I made, showing how I went about making sanding disc holders/pads and how I organize the sanding equipment, for lathe work.

Sanding solution
thanks for your time. Us 69 year old beginners need some short cuts, hints and tips  Nice vid!  I hope there will be more.  You can teach an old dog new tircks

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - MidwestMan - 02-17-2018

(02-17-2018, 08:41 PM)peter-m Wrote: thanks for your time. Us 69 year old beginners need some short cuts, hints and tips  Nice vid!  I hope there will be more.  You can teach an old dog new tircks

Thanks for the feedback. I was/am hoping that everyone could share some sort of tip or trick. It may seem small or unimportant to you, but may be a big thing to others.

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - MidwestMan - 02-18-2018

The link below, shows how I deal with the fine dust from sanding.

Dust Collection

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - peter-m - 02-18-2018

(02-18-2018, 04:03 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: The link below, shows how I deal with the fine dust from sanding.

Dust Collection
nice

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - Arlin Eastman - 02-18-2018

To me that covers a lot of things and includes safety as well.

Big thing that would help is pictures.  I know this was done several years ago but with the new software it is probelly gone.

I will take some pics and post them of Tips and Tricks when I can.

RE: TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks - MidwestMan - 02-21-2018

I keep on old saucespan (with glass top to see through and keep dust out) on my shelf, that I fill up with cut paper towels.

Very handy for the friction finish I typically use. Arranging the cut pieces in a pinwheel makes for easy grabbing and it's not hard to do at all, while watching the tv.

[Image: GgWcoF.jpg]