Woodnet Forums
Good Table Saw Blade - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Good Table Saw Blade (/showthread.php?tid=7337679)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Don_M - 03-03-2018

I would go with a combo blade for everyday use and a fine tooth blade for sheet goods and precision/smoother crosscutting (when needed). I have a three WWII’s - they are great and I have no problem recommending them. They have all been resharpen (by Forrest) multiple times.

Recent issue of FW (April 2018) has a combo blade tool test. Their recommendation:

Forrest WWII, Freud Premier Fusion P410 and Ridge Carbide TS2000 – Best Overall
Freud Premier Fusion P410 – Best Value

The other blade I used to use and liked quite a bite was the Tenryu GM-25540 – but I have pretty much settled in on the WWII as my go to blade

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - srv52761 - 03-03-2018

I have a 30 tooth WWII.  It is a combination blade with more of an emphasis on ripping.  I have a very accurate Dewalt 7790 that does most of my crosscutting less than 14".

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Cooler - 07-03-2018

I reviewed my Freud saw blade here and I continue to be very happy with it.  https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7338088&highlight=freud

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - brianwelch - 07-03-2018

(03-03-2018, 03:57 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Stehle
Best blade value I’ve ever bought.
Great quality.
Check this:
http://www.weaver-sales.com/weaver-saw-blades.htm

Gary,
Just gave Lonny a call and placed a small order...website is old and outdated, but telephone orders are very easy. 
Interested in checking out the quality. Thanks for the tip/lead
Brian

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Cian - 07-03-2018

(02-24-2018, 09:59 AM)museumguy Wrote: Once you start collecting blades, you'll need a nice storage space for them,

What he said.  

[Image: BladeTower.jpg]

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Huxleywood - 07-03-2018

You are a professional woodworker and you had to discover Freud blades on a fake review site designed to generate revenue from Amazon sales?  
Rolleyes

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Cooler - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: You are a professional woodworker and you had to discover Freud blades on a fake review site designed to generate revenue from Amazon sales?  
Rolleyes

How does sarcasm promote good woodworking skills?

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Huxleywood - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 03:16 PM)Cooler Wrote: How does sarcasm promote good woodworking skills?

Would you prefer my sarcasm or a spammer?  Member less than a week, made 4 posts and in 2 of them had links to one of the BS "review" sites that drive traffic for associate sales on Amazon.

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - Wild Turkey - 07-03-2018

For clean cuts in plywood you need a "High Alternate Tooth Bevel" (HATB) blade. I love mine.

I also recently got a 12" chop saw blade from Brian in sunny Florida and find it an outstanding blade.  He has some good blades and offers a wn discount (IIRC
Rolleyes )

I've had several Freud blades and found them to be very good.

Buy good blades and take care of them and you'll get your money's worth.

RE: Good Table Saw Blade - R Clark - 07-03-2018

I use Freud blades.

My primary blades are Freud 50 tooth combo blades.

I also have a Freud Glue Line Rip (30 tooth).

Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade

Freud SD508 Super Dado.

The only non-Freud 10" blade in the shop is the blade that came with my Sawstop.  It's not near as good as any of the Freud blades I have.

Almost more important than the brand of blade, though, is having a good sharpening service that you'll use to keep them working in best form.  I know that my blades come back from the sharpener in better shape than when I got them out of the package when new.